Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Breastfeeding+formula, or cow`s milk?

tash. is offline Registered User

you can try breastfeed + solid and include cow's milk in the recipe. breastmilk is the best for your child. don't give up.!

Portia is offline Registered User

My paed recommended that my LO drink not more than 500 ml of milk per day once he turned one. I've seen similar info on websites which say not to let your LO drink too much milk instead of solid food (eg, meat, tofu) due to the possiblity of iron deficiency. I don't think there is any reason to change to formula, but you should make sure your baby is getting enough iron from food.

banane76 is offline Registered User

Maybe contact La Leche League for more guidance. Breastmilk should be enough for the milk along with his solids. From my understanding, he should be breastfeeding much less when you've introduced solids.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

Please remember that breastfeeding is not just supplying your baby with milk but also with many immune factors and antibodies. This immune side of breastfeeding does not reduce as time goes on - if anything it the immune factors and antibodies increase as your baby takes less milk each day. So please don't feel pressurized into stopping breastfeeding before you are ready.

La Leche League is a very good place to get support for breastfeeding older babies. Everyone is keen to approve of a mother breastfeeding her newborn but for some reason this approval seems to weaken as the baby grows older. LLL supports mothers with breastfeeding no matter what the age of the baby.

Our next meeting is at Starbucks in Alexandra House, Central on Tuesday morning you are very welcome to join us.

Details of all our meetings are available at LLL-HK Meetings for our English speaking meetings and LLL-HK 會議日程 for our Chinese speaking meetings.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12