Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mother and Baby Scream!ngs

aimeej is offline Registered User

Mother and Baby Scream!ngs

Hello!

I am trying to set up film screenings (of the latest blockbusters - nothing too high brow!) which we can take our little ones along to (as well as all the usual paraphernalia - prams, bags etc etc).

The plan is to have the lights on a little so we can feed, and English subtitles, just in case there's some crying (to be expected and not always from the babies!).

It's likely that it will be on a weekday afternoon at the Directors Club in Tai Koo Shing (just a few stops from central on the MTR or there's plenty of parking and a mall if you fancy a spot of shopping or lunch first).

If you are interested can you message me your email address, so I can get in contact with you when I get a date and film sorted (Robin Hood is looking likely for the first one).

Aimee x

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User

What a wonderful idea!
    Please count me in :-)
    Will send you a PM with my address.
    Let me know if you need help.

Cheers!
    QM

“If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

tash. is offline Registered User

count me in.!

penelope is offline Registered User

great idea

Just a clarification: two things:

1. PM me your email address if you want to be added to the mailing list for the Mother and Baby Scream!ngs

2. These films are for the Mummies to make us feel a bit normal again and to give us something more that feeding/sleeping/pooing to talk about!! I am assuming the babies will be young enough not to be watching, so the films are not going to be aimed specifically at a young audience. That said, it's not like we're going to be watching slasher flicks, but it's not Disney either!

Thank you for all your support so far - Am experiencing a classic "computer says no" from the cinemas here, but persevering, so will keep you all updated.

Hello!

Just to let you know - so far this has NOT been possible.

Palace IFC allude to technical and logistical problems that mean that they can't do it.

AMC Pacific Place never get back to me despite calls, emails, and going in in person

The Directors Clubs say that you can go and take your baby with you to any screening, but you have to pay for the baby. Would this actually work in real life? I'm not sure, but I have an email that says you can....though if I was a normal customer and there was a crying baby in the cinema, I wouldn't very happy!!

Let me know if anyone has any other ideas!

Aimee xx

aussie mum is offline Registered User

Hi - I took my baby to normal day time screenings at cinemas in london when he was a baby. at the 10 or 11am screenings my friends and i were usually the only ones there and having the babies with us was no problem. so maybe if there are a few of us brave enough to try the Directors Club it could work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast