Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Travel at 32-34 weeks

Frenchy is offline Registered User

The only problem I had when I travelled to Europe was sitting for so many hours, and keeping well hydrated. I had special socks and took a seat in the corridor so I could go to the toilets without problem...

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned

As per Frenchy's post above, as it is a long flight i would ask your OB about getting some compression stockings. As a previous sufferer of DVT I know that you are much more susceptible to it when pregnant (even if you had no known risks of it at other times) so it is a sensible thing to do as well as keeping well hydrated and moving around as regularly as you can. Having said that I flew from Singapore to UK when I was about 28 weeks pregnant with my first with already a history of DVT and was fine and had no problems with the airline. I did have Clexane (blood thinner) but still didn't seem to worry them

southside852 is offline Registered User

you should absolutely wear flight stockings, drink as much water as possible and move around every 20 mins which i am sure will not a be a problem b/c of the bathroom urges. my ob/gyn also recommended taking aspirin too before flying. i personally never flew past 28 weeks....

Sazzy is offline Registered User

Hi QM - we have just got back from Phuket (3.5hrs flight). And I struggled at 27 weeks. The seats were uncomfortable and not much room for bump plus my feet started to swell up. Im glad it was only 3.5hours. I was also getting restless legs and keep needing to walk up and down the aisle. I wouldnt recommend a long haul flight but we are all different!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12