Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Home use insect trap/Repellent for youngsters

balletangel is offline Registered User

Home use insect trap/Repellent for youngsters

My 2 children (5 1/2 months and 3 years) suffering from mosquito/flea bites at home. Especially the little baby, his face, arms and legs are full of swollen bites but I dare not to put on any repellent or medicated cream...

We have done thorough cleansing of the home, removed all the plants, put on screen door/windows but there are still traces of mosquito (or some sort of bugs) attacking our home. We live at LOHAS Park and this place is known to be bombared by insects.....

Help! Any good advice to type of home use insect traps/repellent safe for little children?

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

How about the ones that plug into the wall, they're pretty good, we use them at night in Thailand and never get bitten while sleeping.

And for the little baby a cot mozzie net so even if they're in the room they can't get to him or are you using one and they're getting through that?

blessed is offline Registered User

Hi Balletangel, i see that this thread is from june 2010, not sure if you are still in lohas park... i am there with a 5mth baby and find little tiny mozzies around recently... we have installed mosquito net in all windows before baby was born but somehow come spring they find their way in...

i got the organic insect repellment from the wellcome at LP last weekend and it seems to work, it's a surface spray so we have our helper spray it on the window ledge before we left home, and returned to find dead mozzies lying around the window ledge.

any other suggestions from your end would be helpful.

thanks

carey is offline Registered User

mozzie net for the crib is quite effetive. We've been looking around for a sturdy stand to attach the net to the crib and found one at Eugene club, stand and net comes together.