Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Recommendations for pest control

RSK
    RSK is offline Registered User

Recommendations for pest control

We have had a problem of cockroaches in our house for some time now, and after trying all the home remedies and baits, we have finally decided that we will have to go for professional help.
    Have called up a few companies that i found on the internet , but they are so expensive, almost 1500 -2000$. Is this price reasonable?
    Can anyone recommend any pest control company which is tried and tested and reasonable in cost? How much do you pay and how often? Our apartment is arnd 1200sq.ft and we are in shatin.
    thanks in advance.

Liquorice is offline Registered User

We use Truly Care. I thought they charged around $2,000 but my husband thinks $4,000. Anyway, they come 5 times a year for that cost.

kellyst is offline Registered User

Ha RSK, I was just researching the same topic myself today :) I just got a quotation from Wellink, which we've used before, my mom used them for many years, and they are quoting 2 times within a given year $1800. yes, I thought this is expensive too.

So I'll check out Truly Care, if it's $2000 for 5 times, then it's a good bargain.

I figure I don't really need it in the winter, over the year, maybe only need 2-3 times during the summer months. Coz if you haven't done it, it was a few hours of work even before they come, u have to open all drawers, put away food/utensils, cover beddings etc... so not a fun exercise.

i'll keep looking as well.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

So the stuff that these pest control companies use is safe with little babies/toddlers in the house?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

RSK,

Pls let us know how it goes and how much.

The cockroaches are in my kitchen, after fumigating, spray, powder, etc. It is lessen......well, where do they go now? i went out last night, they are in living/dining area crawling around.

yes, supposedly safe with babies and toddlers. u need to vacate the house when they do their thing tho, then can go home after a few hours.

here's the latest. just called Truly Care, quoted $610 for 1 time and $1438 for 3 times. I booked an appt for 1 time just to try it out.
    Seems like the exercise is less intense than my previous supplier, i don't really need to do any preparation, and the thing takes approx 1 hr and i can go back home afterwards. will report afterwards.

zac08 is offline Registered User

does anyone know how Rentokil compares with these other companies? i called them up recently for a quote and they said 1300 per visit!!! a bit cheaper if you get a package (4x a year) but still... why would they be so much more $$$ than the others?

they told me their products are totally safe for babies, that they are used in most hospitals and schools/nurseries in HK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast