Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Adventist fully booked - can I go through another dr to try booking?

NewBabyLA is offline Registered User

Adventist fully booked - can I go through another dr to try booking?

Just tried booking Adventist and my Dr said it was fully booked. I understand that most hospitals have quota system - so I wonder if I booked through another doctor if it would be successful. If so - which doctor delivers at Adventist?

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I think it depends how far along you are. Did you book late? Most doctors that I know of deliver at Adventist and Matilda and there is a rumour that those doctors who are "resident" at the hospital have priority. I am not sure that this is necessarily correct. I'd be ringing Adventist directly and asking how it works and whether you would have more luck booking through another doctor.

BabyG is offline Registered User

I made a booking and paid my deposit at Adventist 3 weeks ago. I am due at the end of August for a C section. How far a long are you and who are you seeing as your doctor?

lesliefu is offline Registered User

I would try another doctor - Dr Lucy Lord supposedly has good connections there - why not try her? Not the best bed side manners from what I have read, but very professional and extremely good according to my friend...

LOJITT is offline Registered User

LL on holiday

Lucy Lord does seem to hae a high success rate in terms of getting patients booked into their hospital of choice, but she's on holiday until the end of July. You could try Grace Cheung, her partner, also at Central Medical Practice.

When I was booked in (at 9 weeks) l was told that if they say no, there is another window of opportunity around 34 weeks. Not sure why this is so. Possibly as they get closer to EDDs, gaps come up from people who unexpectedly left or they start scheduling in the elective c-sections and so have a better idea of where they might have spaces.