Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Where to give birth in HK?

carang is offline Registered User

think she means $30K HKD and $100k HKD...otherwise that's even cheaper than the public system! LOL!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Holy, that really adds up! You might want to consider splitting your antenatal with private and public so you enjoy most of your insurance for a nice hospital stay.
    I also wish I had a nice insurance package like that. Or insurance. I`ll be delivering public.
    Oh, and if you`ll be in the Union hospital area, try Dr. Ng there. Really really nice doc, not like the arrogant ones I have seen recently.

dingdongding is offline Registered User

LOJITT,
    The package you mentioned from Grace Cheung, does it include the u/s at each prenatal visit? is package only available for the 4 people room? Do you know if they offer package for private room? if so, how much?

dingdongding

Quote Originally Posted by LOJITT View Post
    Hi there

Figuring out total costs can be difficult here. There are 4 main classes of cost- the Obstetrician's fees, the hospital's fees, the anaethetist's fees (if you need epidural/c-section) and the paediatrician's fees. I dont think it's possible to get a package that covers absolutely everything.

Lucy Lord and Grace Cheung (Obstetricians based at Central Medical Practice) do care packages for women who deliver at the Matilda or Adventist and stay in a 4 bed room. This is a fixed price for the antenatal care, attendance at the delivery and post natal care while in hospital and was HK$36000 in Jan of this year. To be clear, that excludes sonographer's scans/the hospital/ paed/anaethetist fees and post natal care once out of the hospital but is a saving on just paying all your Obstetrician bills as you go along.

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Apologies, Carang, you are right, I did mean $30K & $100K. Thanks!

LeahH is offline Registered User

Matilda: vaginal delivery with Sally Ferguson, with an epidural (so includes anesthetist costs), 3 day stay in a private room, Paed costs etc. it came to $130K or so.

KateHK is offline Registered User

thank you very much for all the information. so very expensive! a friend recommended Sally Ferguson and Matilda so i'm going to Sally for my first appointment and take it from there. looks like my insurance will cover most of it, but not all of it.

LeahH were you happy with Sally?

LeahH is offline Registered User

Yes, Sally's delivered both my kids - I really like her. She has a no nonsense approach which suited me, but was really lovely when I had little issues and needed a more gentle touch.

LOJITT is offline Registered User

Hi Ding dong

It includes the quick u/s they do at each appointment but not the longer u/s at 14, 20 and 28 weeks. The package is limited to patients taking a 4 bed room only unfortuantely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast