Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Blackout curtain

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Blackout curtain

Hi,

My kids room has thick curtain and black out at the back, but the sunlight still comes in on top, sides and below, where can i buy a black out curtain that i can put on top of the curtains? Bloom and grow has it with suction but it is SO expensive. Wonder if Ikea has it and i can just put my own suction or tape.

The morning sun is directly in their room. My 1 yr old wakes up everyday between 5-5:30am, last night i cover everything with towel and he woke up at 6:30! it must be the reason.

geomum is offline Registered User

Every curtain shop in HK sells black out curtains.

RSK
    RSK is offline Registered User

We have the same problem with our curtains too. . We have blackout curtains but light come in from the top and bottom. We tried putting something at the top and bottom, but didn,t seem to work for us, so finally we have started putting a bedsheet around outside our daughter's cot on two sides (which face the window). Alternatively, You can get a small frilled curtain for the top and on the bottom, you can put pillows on the window shelf at night, so that the small gap at the bottom is covered up for the morning, and then pick up them up once everybody is awake.

You could buy black chart paper from the stationary shop and paste it on the window glass with glue. Comes off easily using a wet cloth. Thats what I did when I lived in an apartment which had blinds.

crystal88 is offline Registered User

hi geomum,

that's a good suggestion ;-), but is it permanent the whole day, then the room is totally dark even at daytime? i am thinking of sticking a blackout curtain directly on the window, then at daytime, i just roll it up.......but i'm still figuring out how to do it easily.

I've asked a curtain shop, it's $59 per ??? (maybe yard or meter) and i can have it made to order.

Yup its dark through out the day, better that way, your child can nap in peace as well :)