Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How long did you breast feed for?

southside852 is offline Registered User

i nursed for 5 months and it was honestly the longest 5 months of my life. The day I stopped felt like a huge weight was lifted off of me. i was not into breast feeding at all, but definitely wanted to give it a try. i know that some feel very close to their child and love it, but for me it was a chore and I did it purely for the nutritional and health benefits for my child. I started doing formula feeds at 3 months too...

I am due with #2 this October and I plan to nurse/pump as well for at least 4 months...who knows if I'll make it to 5.

tomogotchi is offline Registered User

I'm still breastfeeding my 8-month-old baby, combined with a bottle of furmula milk for the bedtime feed. My baby's weight gain hasn't been 100% fantastic, and he hasn't slept through the night, so I sometimes felt pressured to introduce formula before he hit the 6 month mark. I'm glad that I didn't give in, because formula wouldn't have made any difference any way. I really wanted to exclusively breasfeed for at least 6 month. I followed my gut feelings and talked to people that I knew would be supportive of me. My tip would be if you have any problem, don't wait long to seek advice from LLL, lactation consultants, or friends who would be supportive of you. Don't spend too much time on the Internet! But, breastfeeding is not the best choice for everyone. If you don't enjoy it, don't feel pressured to continue. Always listen to your inner voice! Good luck!

baffelly is offline Registered User

Mixed of BF direct, pumping, and formula from birth. Stop BF completely around 6 mth. My supply was never high and it took a long time for each feed or each pump(30-45 min). Everyone has different experience and preference. Just do what you are comfy with and don't feel pressured to BF exclusively or for a long time if you really hate it. Get advice from people but choose to accept the ones that make sense to you.

banane76 is offline Registered User

Like someone stated above, BFing is much cheaper! We now go through about one box a week and each box is 150 dollars so it adds up. I had to stop, but don't feel pressured to do it either...do what you think feels right for you and your baby. I was raised on formula and I seemed to turn out ok :) I enjoyed breastfeeding once my supply was established and baby was latching properly. It was also really easy when going out especially when bub was really little. No bottles and carrying formula!

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

i wanted to BF till bub was 1 year old but bub weaned himself off when he was 9 months old. i was down with severe flu at that time and doc told me not to BF for 3 days (time to finish my meds). after those 3 days, i tried to BF bub and he didn't want anything to do with it - that was easy weaning! :)

he was BF 100% till i went back to work when he was 3 months old. he was on 50-50 till he was 9 months old. if i was a SAHM then i'd have definitely BF him for longer.

solidstars is offline Registered User

i BF my son until he was 16.5 months old... weaned him off... yesterday cuz he went to visit his grandad overseas with my husband and i'm here alone in hk!!! **sniff sniff**

engorged breasts are NO fun at all.

i stopped pumping at work when he was about 12 months old though so i stopped storing milk in the freezer/ice cubes since he started eating solids better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123