Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Random people touching my little one (rant)

shoni is offline Registered User

I am somewhere in the middle and I find that my tolerance level decreases as the day goes on. My daughter was very popular as a baby with comments of "just like a doll" being used - she had very big eyes and blonde hair. Every one wanted to touch and take photographs, both here and in China (although the photograph issue far worse in China). And at the start of the day I would be very relaxed and accommodating, however it does get a bit crazy at times and to keep your sanity and get home the same day you do have to draw a line.

My biggest issue is Ocean Park and Disney. My daughter is not an attraction, and when we are on an outing as such I do put my foot down. If we were to stop for everyone wanting to take photo's we would never get past main street.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

My daughter's mixed - she's got big brown eyes (with double eyelids hehe - that's a big deal for Chinese) and dark brown hair, with paler skin than most Asians but she gets just as much attention (I think) as fully western kids. Although I've never had a blonde/blue eyed kid before so it's hard for me to compare. And I'm not likely to have one either - with those dominant Asian genes!!

solidstars is offline Registered User

something to do with blond = gold = good luck/wealth/etc therefore touching your goldilocks might rub off some good luck charm

csj
    csj is offline Registered User

I have friends who have 2 girls, both blond (1 with curls) with blue eyes. The family is now back in Canada but when they lived here they would go to Disneyland very often and the girls would always be touched or photographed without being asked. The girls are now 4 and 6 and both of them really hate to have their pictures taken due to their bad memories of their experience at Disneyland.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456