Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Ob/Gyn in Shatin/Tai Po

hoochie is offline Registered User

Ob/Gyn in Shatin/Tai Po

Hi All, this is my first time posting... but have surfed the board for a while. I have found this board to be really helpful!!

anyway, my husband and I are trying for our first baby and would like to see a OB closeby to where we live in Shatin/Tai Po.

Has anyone got any good reccomendations? (or bad ones so i know to stay away from!!)

thanks in advance!:cheerlead

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I have seen a great one at Union Hospital. His name is dr. Ng (sheung kit) and has a very nice manner, as well as being a great doctor.

hoochie is offline Registered User

That's great. Do you know how much he charges for check ups and scans?
    And what's the Union like? I'm hoping the baby will be able to stay with me and my husband can be present during delivery.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I think it was about $700 for regular scans.
    I never gave birth at union. At the time I didn't like their nursery policy. The baby can only stay with young you are in a private room and have 24 hr professional care that you arrange yourself. I'm nit sure about husbands during labour.

Gataloca is offline Registered User

They charge around 500 to 550, depending on the doctor. They do not charge extra for the scan. About the delivery, your husband can be present, but your baby will not be able to room in unless you are in a private room. And even on private room, the baby will not be able to stay overnight unless you pay for a nurse to assist you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

mariac is offline Registered User

hi, i'm planning to give birth at Union because my current doctor (resident doctor at Matilda) did a major screw-up and did not get me a confirmed booking at Matilda and now I am already 24 weeks. can anyone recommend a good ob-gyn at Union? someone mentioned Dr. Doris Ng - does this name sound familiar?

i am getting a private room but i did not know i had pay extra on top of that to have the baby stay overnight. how much is the extra cost?

Gataloca is offline Registered User

I delivered with Dr Yu Kai Man, who is the head of the O&G Department. He is pretty good but usually would get overbooked. Don't know about Shatin, but in the Clinic that I used to go at TKO, they will easily schedule you in 2 month for first time appointment. Don't know if they will squeeze you in if you tell them that you are already in week 24, and planning to deliver with them.

About the cost of having a nurse to assist you, I don't really know as I didn't want to pay the extra. I guess it would not be cheap, considering that all costs are double on a private room.
    Posted via Mobile Device