Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr Patrick Chan

geocup Guest

Dr Patrick Chan

I am thinking of changing my OBGYN and would like others to share their experiences with Dr Patrick Chan. Also, could you pls. let me know of his charge? Thanks heaps!

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User

Cupcakes, I luuuuuurve the man.
    He is the nicest and most modest OBGYN I've encountered.
    I told him what I wanted and he totally delivered.
    If I had another baby, I'd use Patrick again in a heartbeat.

He charged me $750-850 per standard appt. which includes a standard ultrasound check. There was no charge for a 3D ultrasound. If you want to keep your ultrasound on disc - it's $50 more. Extra costs for tests and 20 week ultrasound.

As far as the hospital charge - it depends on your ward class. Mine was standard at the Matilda - Total charges for him $23 500.

At your next appt., you can ask his nurse for a price list. That'll give you an idea of how much it costs for delivery. And, ask Patrick if he does a package (with/without insurance). There may be a difference in price.

Also, the waiting time is minimal at his office.

Good Luck!

“If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

banane76 is offline Registered User

I love him too. I delivered through the public system but he still gave the same care and was non-judgemental and didn't treat you differently because of that. He's super patient. The prices have gone up to 900 for the standard checkup, and extra tests are a bit more, but scans are included in your checkup.

Cherina is offline Registered User

Hello,

I'm also with Dr Chan. I like the way he treats you like an intelligent individual rather than being patronising or superior like some other doctors. His manner is always polite and he is very clear and to the point when explaining things.

It's really good that scans are included in the checkup price.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

He's fantastic. I've been recommending him to all my friends since I started seeing him last December or so. I can't speak highly enough of him.

Like banane, I delivered public but he still gave me the same care as he would any of his "more profitable" patients.

One thing I love about him is that the wait to see him isn't too long compared with other doctors. You generally get in within about 20 min or so - at other places, I've waited for over an hour for an appointment.