Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Miscarriage - Help required

SS2010 is offline Registered User

Miscarriage - Help required

Hello

I though i was having a healthy pregnancy after looking at heartbeat after 7 weeks and Sadly after 11 weeks of pregnancy i just had a miscarriage and am having heavy bleeding and tissue discharge.

Is a D&C required even for women when the body is naturally expelling everythiing out?

how much does D&C cost in a private hospital in Hong Kong?

I assume it shoud be very cheap in a public hospital?

looking for answers. while i am still trying to forget the whole episode as a bad dream. :(

lisa88 is offline Registered User

So sorry for your loss. Whether or not you have a D&C depends on how you have been bleeding. You may have a lot of heavy bleeding such that you can't do anything except sit on the loo, or you may bleed very slowly for weeks (as I did in one of my miscarriages). As you know, the whole point is to ensure there is no embryo left which could cause infection and endanger your health. Your doctor may want to run an ultrasound to check. I had 3 miscarriages, for one I had a D&C and the other two the doctor determined that everything had passed out. Sorry I don't know the costs as I was living in another city then.

SS2010 is offline Registered User

hi lisa

thanks for your quick reply. i will be getting an ultra sound done tomorrow so will have more clarity. i have been having heavy bleeding last 2 days along with lot of tissue so it looks like the body is naturally expelling everything. keeping fingers crossed and looking get pregnant as soon as possible.

regards

dimsum mum is offline Registered User

i don't have any answers, but i wanted to say i am very sorry for your loss. i know of many pregnancy loss boards if you would like me to pass on links to you.

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Sorry about your loss. Just wondering... You have been heavily bleeding for 2 days and haven't gone to the doctor?

I don't have experience dealing with miscarriage in private hospital, but did have 2 miscarriages and were treated in public hospital. The first one I didn't get d&c caused I expelled everything, and the 2nd one was a molar pregnancy, so a d&c was required.... And yes, it is quite cheap at public hospital, just few hundreds.

As you are heavily bleeding, you can go directly to emergency. If you have previous scans or pregnancy confirmation letter from your doctor, take them with you. It will ease the process
    Posted via Mobile Device

Cherina is offline Registered User

Hello, I'm so sorry for your loss. I experienced similar a few months ago (heartbeat at 8 weeks then 2nd ultrasound showed mmc at 10.5 weeks)
    Because I didn't have any bleeding my doctor gave me misoprostol which is a medical way to induce miscarriage. He said in my particular case it carried fewer risks than a D&C. I think even if you have already had bleeding you can use it to help clear everything out but obviously it depends on your particular circumstances.
    Fingers crossed everything works out ok for you.

BLWC is offline Registered User

So sorry for your loss. I miscarried nearly two years ago and had a D & C as the OBGYN suspected it had been an ectopic pregnancy (it wasn't). He also kept me in the hospital for longer than normal. I was treated at Canossa hospital and it was quite expensive ($20,000 for surgery, Dr's fees and 4 days in hospital). I had the option of a public room at the hospital but it was so traumatic that I wanted a semi-private room. If I were you I would definitely see a doctor as soon as possible.

I had a follow up visit about 6 weeks after I miscarried with a private obstetrician to make sure everything was ok and I was pregnant again within 3 months. I now have a gorgeous 11 month old. Good luck, I hope you're ok.

http://typhoonsandtantrums.blogspot.com