Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

booking Matilda

dingdongding is offline Registered User

booking Matilda

anyone wanted to book Matilda but was not given a space? and who is/was your doctor? Just wanted to see what the success rate is. my doctor said since my due date is not at the beginning or the middle of the month, it is harder to secure a space at Matilda. Kinda worry...

Quote Originally Posted by dingdongding View Post
    anyone wanted to book Matilda but was not given a space? and who is/was your doctor? Just wanted to see what the success rate is. my doctor said since my due date is not at the beginning or the middle of the month, it is harder to secure a space at Matilda. Kinda worry...
    can anyone share their booking experience? HK private hospitals seems to get book up very quickly and very early.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

They do book up very quickly but, I haven't yet heard of a story of someone who didn't get in eventually although I have heard of people only getting confirmation a few weeks before their due date.

I was with Central health and got in no problem I do know of someone with the same doctor who got a much later confirmation. I'd be surprised if where your due date is in the month makes a massive difference, if you plan to give birth naturally then it most likely won't be on your due date anyway.

I believe it makes a difference if your doctor only works at Matilda and therefore has a good relationship with them, some doctors do go to multiple hospitals, some don't. Best of luck, it'll most likely be fine.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

it has a lot to do with the relationship of the hospital with your doctor - I was with OT & P the first time and my OBGYN delivered many babies there so she secured the room for me at 14 weeks for my first baby.

Quote Originally Posted by lesliefu View Post
    it has a lot to do with the relationship of the hospital with your doctor - I was with OT & P the first time and my OBGYN delivered many babies there so she secured the room for me at 14 weeks for my first baby.
    Can you please send me the full name and contact number for OT&P? which doctor did you see?

newbiekt is offline Registered User

I think at Matilda where your due date falls in the month does make a difference to the booking, although obviously the baby can end up arriving at a completely different time! It's to do with how they run the booking system. As far as I can work out Central Health (Lucy Lord/Grace Cheung), Dr Ghosh, Dr Doo and Dr Philip Ho plus Dr Sally Ferguson and Dr Podar from OT&P all have a pretty equal chance of getting in since they all deliver there so frequently.

macamel is offline Registered User

Hello,

I just logged in to post pretty much the same question as you, so I'm very keen to see the responses to your post. I had my first baby at the Matilda with Dr Alex Doo. I'm now pregnant with my second and seeing him again. He has advised me that due to my due date being towards the end of the month (24th) I am probably going to have trouble getting a booking. I'm actually quite stressed about it. He said that there are 6 OB's that deliver at The Matilda and they are each given a quota of how many patients they can book in. The Matilda won't confirm bookings until after 9 weeks of pregnancy. They have sent my booking form off and I won't hear anything for a couple of weeks. I'm now wondering whether I should switch Doctors as I know Dr Doo has a huge number of patients, including many from mainland China, and therefore my chances will be lower.

Good luck with everything. I will watch this thread with interest.

I also saw Dr. Doo and I guess we are in the same situation. Please let me know how it goes for you. I am not yet 9 wks so they can't do anything yet. if you were to switch doctor, which one do you think will have better chance at getting a booking?

Quote Originally Posted by macamel View Post
    Hello,

I just logged in to post pretty much the same question as you, so I'm very keen to see the responses to your post. I had my first baby at the Matilda with Dr Alex Doo. I'm now pregnant with my second and seeing him again. He has advised me that due to my due date being towards the end of the month (24th) I am probably going to have trouble getting a booking. I'm actually quite stressed about it. He said that there are 6 OB's that deliver at The Matilda and they are each given a quota of how many patients they can book in. The Matilda won't confirm bookings until after 9 weeks of pregnancy. They have sent my booking form off and I won't hear anything for a couple of weeks. I'm now wondering whether I should switch Doctors as I know Dr Doo has a huge number of patients, including many from mainland China, and therefore my chances will be lower.

Good luck with everything. I will watch this thread with interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast