Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Buying baby items from the US then ship to HK

peachylin is offline Registered User

Question Buying baby items from the US then ship to HK

Hi. I have been eyeing on some items online from the US which seem to be unavailable in HK stores (Arm's Reach Co-sleeper, Beco carrier, etc). Has anyone bought baby items in the US then have them shipped here? Any reasonable courier/shipping company for bulky items?

Thanks!

P.S. If these items are available in HK, advice on where to get them will be appreciated.

P.S.S. Tried Amazon, but it does not ship the items to HK.

penelope is offline Registered User

Hi

I ve got a arm's reach co -sleeper (original model with short liner) in good condition.
    natural color asking $1200

SMS me at 92 85 00 64 if you re interested

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Amazon doesn't ship to Hong Kong? That's weird. I lived in Mainland China and they shipped there. I think it has to have something to do with where the credit card or debit card you're using is registered--if it's a purchase paid by through a HK bank, probably not but if you have a US bank account I think that they do ship to Hong Kong.

“Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Portia is offline Registered User

If it's not books, DVDs or CDs on Amazon, then you usually need to check merchant by merchant as usually the products are not actually sold by Amazon but by a merchant advertising on Amazon. A few ship to HK, but most don't.

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Hmmm. I see. Well, what I would do if I was going to buy things in the States is that I would buy them online and then have them shipped to a friend or relative who would then compile all the orders and ship them to me in HK. For bulkier things, I would try to find someone who is coming over from the US who would bring them to me. Otherwise, I'd just buy in HK and make do with what I can get here. One of the things I bought in the States and brought with me in my luggage when I was pregnant with my first child was a Pack n' Play crib and that was a good choice because I could get it for much cheaper in the States. I also bought a good stroller in the States for much cheaper and a breast pump--all good buys--but I just happened to be able to pack them back with me. Otherwise, it is just more cost-effective to buy in HK even though the prices here are often a lot higher and the selection of products is smaller.

“Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK