Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

38 weeks and waiting - what to do

curios is offline Registered User

38 weeks and waiting - what to do

I am now on maternity leave, and impatiently waiting for the arrival of our baby. I have two weeks before my due date, but cant really do any exercise due to back pains.

What are you all doing to prepare and keep your mind off things?

AmyH is offline Registered User

When I was in the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy I cooked lots of food. I had cottage pies, lasagnes, bolognaise sauces etc all in the freezer so that when the baby was first home from the hospital I didnt need to worry about cooking food for the family.... they came in very handy in the first two weeks!

geomum is offline Registered User

Go watch a movie, enjoy a dinner with hubby/ friends/ relatives, get your hair done/ facial/ mani/pedi, sleep etc etc. These are some things which will become a rarity once the baby arrives.

JayJay is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyH View Post
    When I was in the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy I cooked lots of food. I had cottage pies, lasagnes, bolognaise sauces etc all in the freezer so that when the baby was first home from the hospital I didnt need to worry about cooking food for the family.... they came in very handy in the first two weeks!
    +1 for this suggestion! Making me hungry just reading it...

yonge is offline Registered User

Hold the mani/pedi if you're delivering at a public hospital. For some reason, they make you take the polish off before you're allowed to deliver! I remember distinctly being asked to when I went to deliver at QMH. Fortunately, I didn't have any on, but it definitely stuck in my mind as a strange requirement.

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by yonge View Post
    Hold the mani/pedi if you're delivering at a public hospital. For some reason, they make you take the polish off before you're allowed to deliver! I remember distinctly being asked to when I went to deliver at QMH. Fortunately, I didn't have any on, but it definitely stuck in my mind as a strange requirement.
    It's to do with the circulation of blood in your body. they will press down on your nails to see blood flow but if you have nail polish on they can not see it.

Carebear is offline Registered User

Im also in my 38th wk right now. I did keep myself busy preparing stuffs for my incoming baby. I do bits of baby shopping everyday, so that I can also have a lil walk. Meet my friends and go to spa for a massage. But I always enjoy staying home and get as much rest as possible. You know we wont be having enough rest once the baby is out ;-)