Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lego Brick Starter Set.

1stimemum is offline Registered User

Lego Brick Starter Set.

Hi I"m refering to the gigantic bricks (almost like real bricks size) set from Lego. I'm thinking of getting 1 set and its available at Wise Kids right now. Its actually out of stock.

The only issue is that it cost $6,500 (not a typo) for the set of 84 bricks.

http://education.lego.com/en-gb/prod...reschool/9020/
    You can read more here.

Any mum want to share/split 42 bricks with me? This way it wont take up that much space at home and cost only $3250 per parent.

Interested pls call me at 6145 1883.

thanks.

carang is offline Registered User

as a mother of 2 and a playgroup teacher, i, personally, think you're crazy to even consider spending that much on it.

you can get cardboard "brick-looking" stacking bricks from toys'r'us for about $200-ish.

the huge bricks are good for kids, but honestly, the kids grow so fast and their needs change so quickly that to buy something like that is not an option (for me).

why don't you go to toys'r'us to see what they have.

by the age of 18-24 months, the kids will have moved on to "mega blocks" and by about 5 years, onto the regular (tiny) lego.

ps> you do realise that it works out to $77/block, right?

hi carang, you're right. sometimes i get so caught up in these things. what are mega-blocks btw?

i'm glad you weren't offended by my previous posts. i just hate to see new parents get expensive stuff for their child (i'm thinking DISNEY'S WORLD OF ENGLISH~ $60,000!!!) when it really isn't necessary.

mega blocks are the large legos made for children 18m-4ish years.

not offended at all. It is alot of money, hence i was trying to 'save' by splitting the costs. I find that I definitely lose my perspective in HK. ... everything is hyper inflated . not explaining myself well....i will definitely go check out toys r us this week.

carang, i have read many many of your posts and know your style. I do appreciate your candor.

lisa88 is offline Registered User

You can get the Lego Duplo bricks that are suited for 18 months upwards. The smaller packs cost $100 and larger packs $500 upwards. We received one small pack as a gift, mainly bricks. I added on a figurines to the collection and that really caught my toddler's interest. They are not cheap but I sometimes look for them second hand at Asia Xpat. The regular Lego is for 4 year olds upwards. Mega blocks are good too but as Cara says, it's easy for the child to outgrow them.

sorry, i was thinking duplo, but wrote mega blocks....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast