Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

HAS ANYONE BEEN TO Shangri-La's Mactan in PHILLIPINES another resort in the philipnes

lalila is offline Registered User

HAS ANYONE BEEN TO Shangri-La's Mactan in PHILLIPINES another resort in the philipnes

Would you recommend this place with a two year old and 6 month old?

or any other resort in the philipines?

peachylin is offline Registered User

Hi. I am from the Philippines and the Shangrila in Mactan is a nice getaway. Yes, it is also child friendly but if I will recommend a place, I'd recommend the Abaca Boutique Resort. It's also located in Mactan, Cebu. You may read this blog about the place (not coming from a Philippine national):

http://yummymummyasia.com/2010/06/17...a-resort-cebu/

Enjoy your vacation!
    Posted via Mobile Device

matemate is offline Registered User

literally just came back to hong kong from abaca and i can only recommend it!!! some of the best - if not the best - service we ever experienced at any resort in asia. we told them in advance that we have a baby with us and they pre-arranged everything for him (toys in the room, baby bathtub, sterilizer, baby bottles, cleaning equipment, cot in the room and a cot on the boat when we did a boating trip, etc.). they also have nanny quarters for a much lower price, so we happily took our helper with us.

the only downside is that they do not have much of a beach as such. in the resort, you would mostly hang out in the cabanas around the pool.

incidentally we had a dinner at the shangri-la beachside. not a huge beach either (cannot compare with hainan for example) but at least some sand. the shangri-la grounds are also pretty huge, so if you like walking around with your buggy, shangri-la might be better.

on a separate note, the food at abaca is amazing too. shangri-la and hilton do not even come close to that quality.

Last edited by matemate; 01-31-2011 at 02:10 AM.

lalila is offline Registered User

thanks everyone keep them coming matemate would yu recommend hainan over shangri-La's Mactan i?

matemate is offline Registered User

hard to say coz in hainan you battle with language issues all the time (except if you are fluent in putonghua of course). the beach in hainan is much nicer though.

my experience of shangri-la (and similar big chains) is that you get good solid service/infrastructure. nothing is fantastic usually but also no major issues.

abaca really delivered luxury in its essence for us, which i liked as a change

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

Have not been to the shangrila you are asking about but have been to five others in asia and for a 'chain' it is always fantastic! They cater for families perfectly and my kids love the kids club in Kota. I find it easy to take the girls to a new location if I know that we will be staying in SL because it is one less thing I have to panic about!
    Posted via Mobile Device

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

Check Tripadvisor. We have been, would highly recommend it. It's just so easy, closeby, direct flight, 10 min from airport. Beach is small but very nice. Some parts of the hotel are slightly outdated but service is very good. Babysitting fees are cheap (not worth for us taking a helper and paying for her fare, food, etc.). Food very nice, and fairly reasonably priced for a 5* hotel.