Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to stay before giving birth

American Girl is offline Registered User

Where to stay before giving birth

I live in mainland China and am planning on giving birth at Matilda. I am moving to Hong Kong a month before my due date and was wondering if anyone has any recomendations on where to stay. I don't need anything amazing just something clean, close to MTR station and close enough to Matilda so that when the time comes we can get there no problem.

Thanks for your help!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

Are you talking areas or specific hotels/serviced apartments? If it's areas then to be honest most places on the north of the island and you'll likely be close enough to Matilda, you'll only be going there once after all :-) Where you end up depends a lot on budget, there's lots of serviced apartments in Central, Mid-Levels or Wan-Chai where it's really easy to get out and about but if you're on more of a budget you could look at going a bit further out and still get into Matilda pretty easily.

We stayed in Shama serviced apartments when we first arrived in HK, they've got quite a few different buildings you can stay choose from.

RileyC is offline Registered User

You could try the Bishop Lei on Robinson Road. The MTR is not within walking distance, but there are lots of public buses and taxis that could take you to Admiralty or Central MTR within 5 minutes if there's no traffic. I think Bishop Lei also runs a shuttle bus, but I'm not sure whether it's free or not. The good thing about Bishop Lei is that you could just hop into a cab and there's a flyover which then takes you straight to Magazine Gap Road. You can be at the Matilda in about 15-20 minutes' time depending on traffic conditions.

RileyC is offline Registered User

The full name is "Bishop Lei International House". You can easily find their website if you google it.

biebiemama is offline Registered User

As far as I know, Matilda has service apartment where you can stay.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

you can also try #3 Macdonald Road (think that's the name and address in one)...close enough to Matilda where you can get a cab to the hospital in 15-20mins. not close to the MTR though...you could try the Conrad / Marriot / Shangri-La for something near MTR and 20-30mins from the Matilda

kacoak is offline Registered User

At #1 MacDonnel (sp) there's also a YWCA and it has a hotel, the Garden View YWCA. Will be an easy 15-20 min cab ride from there to Matilda. I live near the YWCA and am giving birth at Matilda in a couple of weeks. I've enquired about rates there for my relatives to stay at, and they told me they have long-term stay rates. check out hotel.ywca.org.hk

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

Matilda does have serviced apartments. $1,400/night for a one bedroom. Minibus right in front goes to the peak or central.