Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cost of Maclaren XT & XLR

cathryn is offline Registered User

Cost of Maclaren XT & XLR

Does anyone know how much the Maclaren Techno XT and the Maclaren Techno XLR cost in Hong Kong? I am looking to buy one of them and I am moving to HK from the UK at the end of this month, so wondering whether to wait till I am there or buy one beforehand as Mothercare in the UK are doing 10% off at the moment.

Thanks in advance

mela is offline Registered User

Everything in HK is more expensive than in UK so if i were you I'd bring it with you.I bought my bee here and paid 80 pounds more for it. The same goes for baby clothes, sleeping bags , cots etc.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I have seen them in Mothercare and Bumps 2 Babes in HK. You could try calling them to get a price over the phone. Eugene Club also sell them but don't give prices over the phone which is extremely unhelpful.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mela View Post
    Everything in HK is more expensive than in UK so if i were you I'd bring it with you.I bought my bee here and paid 80 pounds more for it. The same goes for baby clothes, sleeping bags , cots etc.
    Things are only more expensive here if you decide to buy UK brands. If you stick with local brands you will pay a lot less in Hong Kong. Alternatively, buy what you want in the UK and lug it over.

HC

penguinsix is offline Registered User

Many brand name items, like Maclaren strollers, are purchased in the UK or US and then shipped over here for resale. They are not 'stopped short' in the shipping chain from China->Europe or China->US and then sold here for a discount. Many stores still have the UK£ stickers still on the products, covered up with a new price tag that is the conversion price + 20-50% handling fee or so.

If you have space in your container, get it there. If you are willing to try a more generic brand than you might find a stroller here a bit cheaper.

mela is offline Registered User

I've just checked the prices - so my Maclaren Triumph cost me 1650 HKd here which is around 140 pounds. It's last year model and in Mothercare uk you can he it for 99pounds (on sale from 110). I'd also bring clothes and bedding.
    Hope this helps