Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Travel Cot recommendation

blessed is offline Registered User

Travel Cot recommendation

Hi moms... we are planning to take our baby back to Canada to visit his grandparents & great-grandparents around the Easter holidays. He will be 6-months by then. We will be moving quite a bit between Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa & Vancouver and will mostly be staying with relatives thus would need a lightweight yet heavy duty travel cot, any suggestions? travelling to look through classified here & another xpat website but don't seem to have much option second hand...

mummymoo is offline Registered User

Phil and Ted's travel cot. Very very light and durable. It does however sit directly on the floor so a bit of a back issue when picking up the bubsy.

plumtree is offline Registered User

The Baby Bjorn Travel Crib light has worked for us, both when travelling and as a bed for naps at home. Folds up easily and is light, which is great and we've used it daily for about a year now so it's pretty durable.
    Whichever you eventually buy, do try to let baby get used to sleeping/napping in it at home before you go. Happy travels!

blessed is offline Registered User

thanks ladies... will go search for them around town (hope they are available at the usual baby shops here coz haven't really seen them around)...

plumtree, good suggestion on the "trial" before our travel, coz we were thinking maybe to have my inlaws get one ready for us back home to save us from carrying it on the way there...

Portia is offline Registered User

I just bought a playpen from Sears when I got back to Canada. Maybe you could order online and then send it to the grandparent's to await your arrival. Paid around C$70 for the most simple playpen I could find.

aussie mum is offline Registered User

I second the baby bjorn travel cot recommendation. I've got 3 kids and it's the best baby purchase I've ever made. Hands down!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Flack is offline Registered User

I third the Baby Bjorn travel cot. It's fantastic.

plumtree is offline Registered User

Our no 2 naps in the Baby Bjorn travel cot in our bedroom because his nap times are still different from his older brother's. It's his little sleeping den, sometimes with a sheet thrown over half of it to block the light out. So we knew he'd be fine with it when we travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast