Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Starting things off

MamaTjops is offline Registered User

hi all,

Morning sickness still shocking, just had my 12week scan today - very exciting!!! The litte person was wiggling around - nuts to think that i grew that 6weeks ago it was just a little blob. I think i must be the only one out of you all that's delivering at a public hospital, on the dark side no less - but i knew i'd be one of the few. all good.

LKF i'm with Dr Rogers also, i haven't had any problem with him but i can see where you're coming from.

Also FYI I was so desperate with my morning sickness i went to get acupressure at a Mother's Touch. Was really worth while, expensive but i got to chat about all sorts of things with Liz -she's also a doula so was great to just chat about life in general which is difficult to do with Obs. They also do great preg massage, after the first session its 450... but they have special chairs and the whole nine yards, i felt very reassured.

LFK
    LFK is offline Registered User

I have changed my doubts about Dr. Rogers; we had a D&C yesterday since we went for our 12 week scan and saw the baby stopped growing after approx 8 weeks. Dr. Rogers was very straight and to the point and didn't sugarcoat anything. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
    So this is me signing off and wishing all of you the best of luck with your bundles of joy.
    Take care.
    Posted via Mobile Device

clearwaterbaby is offline Registered User

LFK - so very sorry to hear your news and best of luck with your next try.

Others - I'm due 20 Oct and am waitlisted for Matilda. Foolishly waited until I was already 9 weeks and there's a thread on the pregnancy forum saying someone else due in Oct is no. 12 on the waitlist! And I am sure I tried to book after her. Anyway, have a backup booking at Adventist, I think, although haven't had it confirmed through my ob's clinic. Have heard lots of people say he Matilda booking comes through later. 12 week scan this Friday and feeling nervous. Husband even worse!

LFK - that is awful news. Really sorry to hear that, I wish you all the best for everything in the future. Dr Rogers seems like the type to be pretty straight up, I'm glad he didn't make it any harder for you both.

Played my last netball game on Monday night and had a few falls, which i thought nothing of until one of my friends came up afterward looking horrified. Not that i can do much about it now... anyway just swimming and a bit of boxing (on a bag - they can't hit back after all!!) from now on.

HKM2 is offline Registered User

LFK - so sorry to hear your news. hope you are managing as well as can be expected.

Regarding "back-up bookings" - I'm due October 22 and on the "deferred waiting list" at Matilda (applied late at 8 weeks with my first OB). I saw another doctor recently and because they sent in my information a few weeks ago, was told I have a booking at Adventist. I definitely prefer my first OB (who only delivers at Matilda), but am thinking it would be foolish to pass up an offer to book at Adventist (though I understand there is no 100% guarantee of getting in even with a confirmed booking). What to do?

kaandy is offline Registered User

Due Dec 11

Hi All

Found out i'm pregnant about 2 weeks ago (am about 5/6 weeks in), so this is all very new. Apparently i'm due around Mid Dec. Am seeing OB GYN next week, feeling excited and anxious at the same time. Would be good to connect with other 'Mums to Be'. Perhaps we can all meet up sometime, when the first trimester is done.

All the best for now.

Hi Kaandy,

Congrats on your great news. good luck with the Ob appt, let us know how it goes.

kaandy is offline Registered User

Hey all

So i had a scan last week (7 weeks), saw the heart beating, which was amazing. I have requested Matilda for the delivery. Apparently they accept applications at 9 weeks at the earliest, so my Ob-Gyn will send them my app at that time. To be fair, i'm not overly fussed if i have to go somewhere else, so will just wait and see.

So have any of you actually met up yet? Maybe we should put a date in the diary for sometime in May? I'm happy to organise something.

Let me know if you are interested.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast