Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Anyone out there in the same boat??

whiskey is offline Registered User

Anyone out there in the same boat??

Hi,

My husband and I have recently started “trying” and I was wondering if there are any other HK ladies out there getting to grips with fertility monitors, Two Week Waits, and
    Generally getting their head around the whole trying to conceive game?!

We haven’t told anyone we’re trying yet as don’t want to put pressure on ourselves but it is driving me crazy not being able to talk about it!!

I am currently half-way through the two-week-wait before I can do a pregnancy test and the wait is killing me!!

Anyone out there in the same boat?

lisa88 is offline Registered User

Try to look at it as a marathon, not a sprint. Else you will drive yourself and hubby completely nuts. We live in a culture of instant gratification and results oriented everything, so expectations are high once you start trying.

Everyone's experience is different, as you will find from searching the threads here. For me, I had 3 miscarriages in a space of 15 months, then nothing for 5 years despite trying actively. Just when we were about to give up, I was pregnant! at the grand old age of 42+. I was petrified in the early weeks of my pregnancy but had an easy pregnancy and a perfectly healthy baby.

Good luck.

Cherina is offline Registered User

Hi,
    If you haven't read Zita West's book about fertility and conception it might be an idea to give it a go. it's got lots of interesting information about statistics and how to improve your chances of conceiving.
    Try not to get too hung up with fertility monitors and bbt tracking, it might just stress you out and that's not going to be helpful. Just relax and remember as the above poster says, it's a marathon not a sprint.