Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stroller suggestion (VERY BAD experience with the Peg Perego distributor)

miao is offline Registered User

Stroller suggestion (VERY BAD experience with the Peg Perego distributor)

I've been using a Peg Perego Plike P3 stroller for nearly 3 years and, despite its heavy weight, have been generally happy with it given its spacious seat and capacity to accomodate NBs to 4Y olds.

Recently, a front wheel of my stroller fell off because the conjuction part at the end of the frame limb to which the wheel is attached was damaged during a light. The damaged part is actually quite small, as circled/highlighted in the attached pictures.

Yes, it was only that small black part at the end of one limb of the blue frame which was damaged, and that part is clearly detachable from the frame. HOWEVER, when I contacted the Peg Perego distributor in HK (who's also the sole service agent), my experience was painful at the best. First of all, even after I sent them the pictures, it took several days and at least ten calls to get them only to start understanding where the problem was. Then, after numerous further calls/discussion, the only solution they suggested to me was to replace the ENTIRE stroller frame (which will cost almost 2/3 of the price of a brand new stroller). I asked them why on earth could they not just replace that small black part, and their answer was that in HK that part is not available separately from the frame and that even if it were available they would not be capable of installing it manually as it has to be done by machine which they don't have (?!) They didn't show the least willingness to try to find out whether the part could somehow be obtained elsewhere and shipped to HK (I was willing to pay), or whether there was any less drastic solution for me than replacing the whole frame.

I cannot believe this is the customer service Peg Perego is providing to its HK customers. Everyone who has a Peg Perego product please be warned; you cannot expect this distributor to show the least care or initiative or competence when you unforetunately have even the simplest problem with your product.

I've e-mailed Peg Perego headquarter about this issue and am waiting for their reply. Meanwhile, I guess I'd better start looking for a substitute; if their headquarter does not turn out anything better, I'd definitely go for another brand rather than stupidly replacing the whole frame.

Could some please recommend a comparable stroller you are happy with that is spacious and can accomodate NB to toddler? Thanks a lot!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo5.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	1533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	1537  
    Attached Files Attached Files

rebekah is offline Registered User

I've had good luck with my maclaren XLR holds up to 75lb. my (admittedly tiny) nearly 3 year old can still lay down in it with her legs up.

I've had similar customer service issues here in HK. Not with Peg Perego, but the lack of common sense is painful at times. I have usually had better luck with the corporate office, however, so I hope you don't need to purchase a new stroller over something so small!

Thanks a lot, rebekah, I'll definitely take a look at maclaren.

Yes I couldn't believe I should need to get a new stroller over such a small damage, but, if I'll have to choose between the two, I'd do that rather than replacing the whole frame for my Peg Perego -- there is no way I'm going to give in to such blatant blackmail to customers.

Hi everyone -- just to update you. As mentioned in my first post, I contacted the Peg Perego headquarter after the awful experience with their HK distributor and, yes, as rebekah wisely predicted, the headquarter was responsive and helpful and somehow made the HK distributor stand up from their a** and get the stroller fixed for me. The spare part was shipped from Italy and the HK distributor no longer claimed that they did not have the machine to install it. In fact they did it in 10 minutes.

Hope my experience will give you some clue as to where to go in case you have similar issues.

rebekah is offline Registered User

So glad they worked it out for you. Sometimes it seems people just need to be told what to do. Enjoy!

3Tower is offline Registered User

Thank you ladies for sharing your experience! It is something to remember when we have to deal with similar situations. I can understand how frustrating it can be when you don't get any service at all.

Let's make sure that companies out there who give bad service can't get away with it.

tongrosy is offline Registered User

Thanks for sharing your experiences. will do the same if it happens to me.

Anika is offline Registered User

Hi All,
    Is anyone using Graco Ultima/ Graco Mirage plus currently? if so plz share your reviews.
    What are the other good stroller brands (with infant car seats) brands to choose from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast