Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Experience of Matilda waiting list - apparently i'm no 12!

Tartan is offline Registered User

As an update, I just found out my Matilda place is confirmed and I paid the deposit today. I have no idea if it's because I changed OBs and he had a bigger allocation or whether other people above me on the list dropped out....

evgreen is offline Registered User

that's so good to hear, tartan!

newhkmommy is offline Registered User

hkm2, i just got off the matilda waiting list at 31 weeks. although i am not 100% certain, i think there is a small list of doctors (resident at matilda), who usually get all their patients off the waitlist. did you have to pay a deposit at adventist? while waiting for matilda, i got a booking at qmh.

HKM2 is offline Registered User

Tartan - congrats for getting your confirmation. You are so lucky!

newhkmommy - thanks so much for sharing that your confirmation didn't come until 31 weeks. makes me feel a bit better to know. i am with Dr. Grace Cheung and she is a resident doctor at Matilda, so there still is hope for me.

i found out today that i am no longer on Matilda's "deferred" list but have now been officially "declined". I have the weekend to decide if I pay the deposit at Adventist (with my decidedly second choice OB) or wait and take my chances with Matilda (and book a back-up slot at qmh as suggested). sigh!

Tartan is offline Registered User

Hi HKM2, I had a friend who's also with Dr Grace Cheung and she was confirmed at around 6 months.... I think she should definitely be able to get you in but you might just have to wait a while
    p.s. I was on the 'declined' list from the beginning and not on the 'deferred' list - not sure what the difference is?

evgreen is offline Registered User

i'm pretty sure dr. grace cheung also delivers and adventist on occasion. if that's the case, you shouldn't have to switch doctors.

HKM2 is offline Registered User

Evgreen - I already had Dr. Cheung's office check Adventist and have been declined.

Tartan - thanks for the words of reassurance. The more I hear, it seems that if you can't get an immediate booking, late confirmations seem to be not uncommon (assuming you are with one of Matilda's resident doctors). It doesn't make it less stressful, but at least it puts things into perspective. I guess I just have to be patient and try not to let it bother me! sigh!

I have decided to forego Adventist booking (with my non-preferred OB) and am holding out for Matilda. I hope I have made the right choice. Thanks again for sharing.

clearwaterbaby is offline Registered User

HKM2 - I am in the same boat (2 days apart on due date). Everyone is telling me to wait for Matilda. And, like you, have conflicting OB situations. My first OB is keen on Adventist and discouraged my Matilda booking. I have a place at Adventist but have to pay the $20K deposit within 2 weeks. Not so keen on the OB and want to try another who delivers primarily at Matilda but can also do Adventist. I'm going to wait for now even if it means my Adventist place lapses. Nothing against Adventist - just really keen on the Matilda 'experience'. Will also be interrogating the new OB to see if she can do anything to help with the waiting list situation. Kepp you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by HKM2 View Post
    I'm due October 22 and am on the "deferred waiting list" at Matilda (applied late at 8 weeks with my first OB). As a back-up I saw another doctor recently and because they sent in my information a few weeks ago, was told I have a booking at Adventist.

I definitely prefer my first OB (who only delivers at Matilda), but am thinking it would be foolish to pass up an offer to book at Adventist (though I understand there is no 100% guarantee of getting in even with a confirmed booking, not to mention I like my second OB considerably less than the first). What to do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast