Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

any natural-minded mama's out there?!

cc-ryder is offline Registered User

any natural-minded mama's out there?!

hi all!

my husband, one year old son and i just recently moved to HK from California about a month and a half ago. as someone deeply interested in living simply, naturally and with radiant health in mind, i'm hoping to meet other mamas who share a a similar outlook. we just moved into a place in the mid-levels. my little guy and i would love to meet up and hang out, maybe go for a hike or grab a coffee or tea? i gave birth to my son in our home in san diego and would really love to tap into the natural birthing community here. if you're out there let me know!

thanks so much,
    chris

bettywong1115 is offline Registered User

Hi Chris

We are not everthing natural-minded, but my family love outdoor activites. My girl 16 months and my hus with me in the farm every sat for sun, planting, fresh air and play on lawn. Other days, i will drive stroller for hiking or stay at the beach.
    I agree children learn more in nature.
    * you are cool of natural birthing, i know only a couple did it in Hong Kong, I dun think any community for that.

BM

carang is offline Registered User

just to let you know, home birthing is EXTREMELY difficult to do in hk, so you may not be able to find many mothers with a similar experience.

aussie mum is offline Registered User

There are a few of us who home birthed before we moved to HK tho :-)

My eldest was born at home in London. A really lovely birth. The next two were born HK style with obstetricians at the Matilda!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

geomum is offline Registered User

"My girl 16 months and my hus with me in the farm every sat for sun, planting, fresh air and play on lawn. "

Which farm are you talking about?

k8h
    k8h is offline Registered User

Hi Chris

I'm 19 weeks pregnant (1st baby and its a boy) and moved from Singapore to Hong Kong late last year, originally from South Africa. I tried to arrange home water birthing, but just seemed impossible so now am like to go with doula at home until final stage of labour and then hospital birth. I love hiking and go about 2-3 times per week along the HK Trail, which has easy access behind my place in Quarry Bay.

Would love to coffee and meet your boy - PM if you keen!

Kate

katfroggatt is offline Registered User

Hi all, im a mummy to an 11 month old boy, i gave birth to him in Singapore and was insisting on an all natural birth without epidural and wanted a water birth as well with hynobirthing techniques, BUT my son wont engage and he was getting too big for my pelvic so we had to proceed to a c-section, i was so disappointed but im glad all went well though. I admire all you mummies who gave birth at home!!

I would love an opportunity to meet up esp if you guys are organising a day to the farm sometime. :)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by cc-ryder View Post
    hi all!

my husband, one year old son and i just recently moved to HK from California about a month and a half ago. as someone deeply interested in living simply, naturally and with radiant health in mind, i'm hoping to meet other mamas who share a a similar outlook. we just moved into a place in the mid-levels. my little guy and i would love to meet up and hang out, maybe go for a hike or grab a coffee or tea? i gave birth to my son in our home in san diego and would really love to tap into the natural birthing community here. if you're out there let me know!

thanks so much,
    chris
    *Raises Hand* That would be me ;) Will PM you. :)
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK