Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pre-Schools in Mid Levels

LCS
    LCS is offline Registered User

Pre-Schools in Mid Levels

Hi there, we have just relocated from London and are considering moving into an apartment on Tregunter Path, Mid-Levels. I was wondering if anybody could tell me of good pre-schools, nurseries nearby? My older son will be 3 in May and was already attending a nursery in London prior to our departure. Thanks in advance!

venusyiu is offline Registered User

Victoira , PIPS or Lingnan are quite good.
    Vic n PIPS are international pre-school,and Lingnan is more local.

Portia is offline Registered User

There are a quite a number of schools which are not too far away, but it will be a matter of which one you can get into at this stage. Woodlands, Highgate House and Sunshine House on the Peak. Small World Christian Kindergarten and City Kidz on Borrett Road. Woodlands (Montessori) and Tutor Time on Caine Road. If you are not going away for the summer, you may be able to enrol for a summer session in July and August (usually for a minimum of one to two weeks) and try some of the schools.

penguinsix is offline Registered User

Hi neighbor. I live on May road next to Tregunter.

One thing to consider is where they may go to school next. For example, we went to Woodlands Peak pre-school and our ESF zone is ESF Peak. Several of the kids from Woodlands Peak will be heading to ESF Peak next year so your kid could have friends going along if that is your plan. They also had kids go to the Canadian and HKIS from Woodlands Peak.

We decided on the Peak because they offered afternoon Mandarin programs. We started in Summer and moved into full-time in the Fall.

LCS

Thanks everyone for your responses! Very helpful tips and information. One additional question, my son is turning 3 next week - which level of school should we be looking at to enrol him at this time? In London, he would still be in nursery, moving to Reception September 2012 (the beginning of the school year in which he turns 5). I've been told that pre-schools, nurseries and kindergartens are different in Hong Kong, catering to different age groups? Also, at what age would he move on to the next level of school (presumably Primary School?)? I'd be grateful for any advice!

LCS
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post
    Hi neighbor. I live on May road next to Tregunter.

One thing to consider is where they may go to school next. For example, we went to Woodlands Peak pre-school and our ESF zone is ESF Peak. Several of the kids from Woodlands Peak will be heading to ESF Peak next year so your kid could have friends going along if that is your plan. They also had kids go to the Canadian and HKIS from Woodlands Peak.

We decided on the Peak because they offered afternoon Mandarin programs. We started in Summer and moved into full-time in the Fall.

Hi Penguinsix, I was wondering what made you choose Woodlands Peak over Woodlands Mid-Levels? Was your decision based on convenience/proximity to your address, or that (as I understand it) the Peak Woodlands is not Montessori but the Caine Rd Woodlands is Montessori? Thanks!