Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

my girl scare to sleep alone

cybabe is offline Registered User

my girl scare to sleep alone

Hi ALL Mums

Hope anyone can help me on this. My girl she turn to 4 years old next month, she originally sleep in a room with helper and suddenly say scare want to sleep in little brother’s room so we had moved her to sleep wz her him. After a month time she say she is scare and have dragon in the room and I found she start waking up at night ( twice) and want to go to toilet , she always knock on my door and asking me help ( I know she want to see me ) then after she will ask me to sleep with her in the room ! It become a pattern now , I’m not sure shall I keep doing this ? She say she scare at night ! But there is a little light in room seems no use , she will wake up with tears ! Its been a month now I’m very tired she never want to sleep alone even her brother there ! I try so many things tell her we kill the dragons for her after she was fine for 2 nights but again I don’t know what happen to her she refuse to do anything without US. Even her favorite Ballet class she say no she want me to go with her in the class. I tried to ask her want happen but seems she cant express her self she say everybody hit her seems she is insecure. I will try to ask her again tonight see what’s going on .

- Question 1 shall I move her back to her old room ask helper to sleep with her ?
    - Question 2 if not shall I keep doing this ? I mean she sleep with her little brother and I keep waking up at night sleep with her in her room ?
    - Anyway to let her tell me what’s going on ? She seems scare for everything, she is a girl who really think about other’s feeling , she worry lots of things ( she told me that even im at work )
    - Or this is the stage everykids go through ?

mariaindb is offline Registered User

I think this is a stage that all kids go through! My son is a very sensitive little guy and gets worried and teary when other kids cry for example. He's also scared of the dark and we have a little light on in his room and his door wide open.
    I don't think you should move your daughter back in with your helper - give the poor lady her rest too! Keep her in with her brother but give her the chance to come to you. Keep your bedroom door open. Maybe lay a small mattress or sleeping bag on the floor next to your bed where she can come and sleep if she's scared. But try to teach her to go to sleep there without waking you up. I've never tried this myself, but have heard from others that it sometimes works!

cybabe is offline Registered User

Mariaindb,
    We take the first step last night put the little one sleep with us and she sleep till morning ! I know she feel secure and comfort but one thing we all want her to be independent seems that may take a while ?
    Posted via Mobile Device