Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby's first birthday in HK

NicoleKwong is offline Registered User

Baby's first birthday in HK

DS is turning one in a month and I'm planning his first birthday party.
    Would like to do something fun for the kids as well as friends w/o kids.

I'm thinking maybe renting a function room, will have food and drinks for adults, maybe hiring an entertainer? ( not sure if the kiddies will appreciate it?) most of his friends are ~ 1 yr old.

Any suggestion on where to find good entertainer, cake for kids, decorations, games??

Thanks/ Nicole

Portia is offline Registered User

Some entertainers (eg, clowns) might actually be frightening for a one year old. Maybe consider somewhere like Kindermusik where they provide someone to lead the children in a few songs? Actually when my LOs turned one they had no idea what was going on. They were just excited by all the people and balloons, etc. There is really no need for an entertainer. A one year old's party is really a party for the adults to get together!

miran is offline Registered User

we wanted a standing cocktails party for "our freinds" to celebrate our first year at being parents :) so we did exactly that kind of party. albeit in early evening / late noon hours. also made a largeish play area for the kids to play in - they were happy with that.

penguinsix is offline Registered User

Heck I've been to birthday parties for 2 year olds where the entertainers were basically not worth it despite being pretty good. The kids are fascinated by wrapping paper that crinkles at this age so I wouldn't worry too much about having something else to entertain them.

RileyC is offline Registered User

One year olds often don't have a long enough attention span for entertainers so it really will be a waste of your money. A play area with simple toys would be much more appreciated. Plus as someone else has already pointed out, certain entertainers can sometimes scare the kids.
    Posted via Mobile Device

bonita is offline Registered User

My DD's 1-year-old birthday party was at a baby gym. We had food & a cupcake cake delivered. While kids were led by gym instructors to do activities, play games and sing songs; adults were snacking, socializing & snapping pictures of the kids from the side.