Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which detergent?

ozmerc is offline Registered User

If you want non-bio detergent, you can get Castle non-bio from Parknshop, probably at a fraction of the cost of the Persil brand. I also use earth's choice laundry liquid, also from Parknshop. Aussie brand, supposed to be less harsh than regular detergent, much less expensive than the likes of 7th generation.

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

Thank you all for your replies. Baby has potential of having skin issues so I guess non bio might be the way to go at first to avoid any dramas.

To be honest, I'm not even sure of what's in the one we buy as it's in Japanese. When I came here I tried to figure out what was what but it was either Chinese or Japanese so I picked a liquid one and stuck with it. Now I'm wondering if it's a good one to use...

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

If I use a detergent such as Persil non-bio do I still need to use fabric softener?

burrcl is offline Registered User

Personal choice. I've not used fabric softener at all since I've been in HK as the water is so much softer than what I'm used to back home, and I tumble dry most things which softens them up also. But up to you.

inkmink is offline Registered User

If your baby potentially have skin allergy, best not to use fabric softener.

Sometimes if a baby's allergy is really bad, the whole household might have to use the same detergent and NO fabric softener. Also for washing cycle, to either double wash or to include additional rinse cycle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12