Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Swimming diapers

Portia is offline Registered User

I use the fabric swim diapers and they work just fine. The baby wears it under his swimsuit. Don't know how the disposables work as I've never tried them, but the fabric ones hold in solids and let liquids through! The Kushies swim diaper is very inexpensive, although a little fiddly to get on a wriggling baby as you have to do up two velcro tabs and then tie in front. The Iplay swimming diaper is super easy to use and I think worth the extra money. There are many brands and prices to choose from, but most are between $90-175.

Also, at Mothercare, I saw swimsuits where the swim diaper was actually built into the swimsuit. They looked easy to use too, although I'm not sure how the price compares to buying a separate swimsuit and swim diaper.

Boris is offline Registered User

Widely available ???
    Not where we live. Island South? That's a holiday destination for us!

PnS in Tai Po ( a REAL big one ) doesn't do them ( or the MTR and market outlets), Wellcome never seen and I haven't seen them in my time when we lived in Kennedy in either brands of shop (even in Belchers). Maybe very selective outlets. Taste - our nearest is Kowloon Tong so not practical. Hence my intense happiness in finding them in some place really accessible.

As for the reusable - my wife is Mainland Chinese so NO WAY she would even consider reusing something that has been 1 and 2'd. This is a woman who thinks walking on grass is "going green".

Off out to the pool now to test them out.

blessed is offline Registered User

we have been using disposible swimmers for our son from our first trip to bangkok when he was 5-mths, and now for summer swims at 9-mth. we use a Japanese brand where you can get in packs of 3 @ $29 at bonjour or any baby stores that carry Japanese products. it's like the pull ups which work really well and we love it!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Gataloca - yes the brand I bought from B2B was $90. Can't remember the name but only got it last week at the Central one. They are on the end of the first row of shelves opposite end to the toys. There are two styles - one which is like underwear with an elasticated waist (more expensive) and the one I chose which is like a nappy - does up with velcro and has a tie waist also. I've used this brand for my oldest child and works well. Now buying for my younger child. They had both girl and boy colours. And did seem good value at $90.

No swim nappy (reuseable or disposable) is going to hold wees but is there to catch #2!

Koan is offline Registered User

I always used a pocket cloth nappy without the insert. Mostly I used a bumgenius without the insert, since they get ratty so quickly anyway I didn't mind them being in chlorine so often. You could use a fuzzi bunz or any pocket dipe really. Easy.

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

Baby Central sells swim diapers (both disposable or reuseable) online:
    http://babycentral.com.hk/Swim-diapers.html

As well as getting the Huggies disposables in our local (Parkview) PnS (or Fusion as it now likes to style itself!), I've also found them in branches of Escapade (eg, Causeway Bay, Cricket Club, Football Club, Parkview Club).

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Huggies disposables are also sold at Toys r Us but only in the summertime. I used those for ages before buying the reusables. It may or may not be worth it, depending on how often you go swimming.

brightcindy is offline Registered User

Yes my LO uses Charlie Banana as well - so far no "accidents" have ever occured. Used Huggies before too, and was satisfied with it, but felt that reuseable ones are more environmentally friendly!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast