Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stroller... Tandem or side-by-side?

erina320 is offline Registered User

Stroller... Tandem or side-by-side?

We're looking to purchase a two seater stroller and are debating the function-ability of a tandem stroller or side-by-side.

Tandem will fit through doors easier, but side-by-side offers more storage (I'll need it for shopping trips and diaper bags). We'll use it primarily in areas like Tung Chung and DB, but buses and the MTR are a factor.

Thanks.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I can't imagine being able to handle a side by side one in HK. With escalators and buses etc. How old are your children? If its not for twins, rather for a toddler and a baby, then we liked the Phil and Teds double one. Still very difficult to get on and off buses by yourself (and the newborn part at the back is not the secure for lifting up stairs etc). Also note that the buses in DB are about to crack down on unfolded strollers and the Phil and Teds needs to be partially dismantled before you can fold it up. Not easy to do on your own with 2 kids.

I know a side-by-side is going to be difficult, but this is the one we were thinking about getting.

http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_dbl_dtl.aspx

It folds SUPER easy, is light weight and maneuvers easily. I'm just afraid, like you said, we'll spend the money and find it unusable in Hong Kong because it won't fit through doors or on the MTR.

AngieO is offline Registered User

I had the Maclaren side by side which fitted on escalators, through all doors etc. We used it in Shanghai (which is much less stroller friendly than HK, other than that there are no hills there!) and we brought it to HK when we came on holiday here where we had no problems at all. Had a look at the details of the baby jogger you are looking at and it seems similar in size etc., so I imagine you would have no problems at all. It says it fits though standard doors. I had friends who bought the Phil and Ted or similar tandem ones which they had to take apart to get into a car boot or whatever. Some hated them and some loved them. I liked my side by side. It also is good for taking on flights, as you can usually take it to the gate and get it back when you get off the plane.

Flack is offline Registered User

My sister in law has the twin city mini (not in HK though) and I have used it a few times in Australia and it is a great pram. I think around DB and Tung Chung would be ok.
    It would fit through doors ok, but I wouldn't think on escalators and I can't say for sure whether it would fit on the MTR or not.

Is it for twins, or a toddler and a baby? If for a toddler and a baby I personally would go a single pram with a buggy board, or one in a pram and the other in a carrier, or something that is a bit smaller as the twin city mini is a bit of a pain with one in and one walking as it is a little tricky with one hand.
    On the positives, folding is a dream and it is great that they recline and have sun covers that work individually.

It's for my three year old and my 6 mos old. Thanks for the input! It will help with the decision.

burrcl is offline Registered User

Hi Erina,

I assume you've seen the one for sale in the classifieds, in case that helps your decision...?!

No I didn't. When I try to view the ad I get a message that it hasn't been paid for yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast