Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Nursing cover

catan is offline Registered User

Another question-- where can you get nursing tops?

Lali07 is offline Registered User

I find nursing tops are often old fashioned and ugly really! So I just buy nursing bras or nursing singlets, and wear looser fitting or button down shirts over the top. If I am feeding my little guy in the baby carrier, I can just drape a muslin over the top. I don't generally use things made specifically for nursing and I find they draw more attention, its like a big sign saying "look what I am doing". I am all for breastfeeding in public wherever and whenever I need, but a little scarf or poncho makes it a little bit more discreet as well as being a bit prettier than a massive nursing apron. I reckon most of the time people don't even realise I'm nursing...

catan is offline Registered User

I have nursing bras now, and what I do is pull down my tank top to nurse, but I find it a bit difficult to keep my daughter latched on because the top and bra flap gets in the way. When we start moving, the latch breaks and I have to relatch her. Whenever the boob falls out of her mouth she cries, lol. So I am trying to figure out what I can do to make nursing go more smoothly while I'm out and about.

I've seen tank tops with slits at the breast area and those designed where you can get your breast out from the sides, but never got around to asking where the ladies got them. I think a nursing apron would be nice if I were sitting somewhere in public, but you are right-- it does draw attention that I'd rather avoid.

lrpolo is offline Registered User

I got my nursing shawl from Eugene baby, a brand called 'my breast friend'! I thought it was kind of pricey for what it is, but I got it after wandering around for ages in Megabox with my little hungry infant looking for a nursing room. She was maybe a month old at the time, and I'd had to abandon my meal at Ikea after she wouldn't settle down. I was trying to get to the Eugene baby there, but they have some kind of funny escalator system and I couldn't work out how to get there, and when I finally did get there their nursing room was occupied and I had to placate my baby for what felt like another 20 minutes before the mother and baby inside finally came out. (I've since found out that they have loads of family rooms in Megabox, which I didn't know at the time.) It took a little getting used to using the shawl, but I can virtually nurse her at the drop of a hat anywhere now, and I don't think the shawl draws attention to me much at all, people mostly don't notice, and reckon a lot of the time they just think I'm cuddling baby to sleep. Its not hot as its just a single light cotton layer, and if it is hot I'll look for somewhere air conditioned anyway. Its given me the confidence to start doing some nursing without it as well, its great. there are a few you tube clips on breast feeding in public too which I found quite helpful.

lrpolo is offline Registered User

You can get nursing tops from Nissen.com the japanese online shop.

pregnantmommy is offline Registered User

Hi everyone,

Sorry I know this is an old thread, but might info might be useful to new readers.

I would like to add some info on where you can nursing in Hong Kong.

Yes, breastfeeding/nursing in public is not illegal at all in Hong Kong and you can do it anywhere, as long as you are comfortable.

In addition, there are various malls and department stores that have nursing rooms.

Some of the locations with nursing rooms:

In Causeway Bay, both Langham Place and Times Square as nursing rooms.
    In Central, IFC mall also has a nursing room.
    In Admiralty - Pacific Place , Mong kok - Langham Place
    In Tseung Kwan O - Popcorn Mall and Tseung Kwan O Plaza
    In various locations in Hong Kong: AEON, which is a well-known Japanese department store, has nursing rooms in their stores. They are available in Taikoo, Whampoa, Lai Chi Kok and more.

There are many more shopping centers with nursing rooms which have not been mentioned above.

Where you can get nursing clothes:

If you need to buy nursing clothes, they are very convenient for nursing moms because there is discreet nursing access on the breast area of the clothing. This will be very helpful when you need to go out and nurse. I bought mines at Mayarya when I was nursing, and I really liked their styles.

Genna is offline Registered User

It’s a good idea to have a nursing cover, even if you aren’t sure you’ll use it. Because when you need one, you’ll desperately wish it was there, especially if you have large breasts because you’ll be putting on quite a show for the onlookers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234