Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Decline from Matilda - what now?!?!

Zoska is offline Registered User

Decline from Matilda - what now?!?!

I just got email I got declaim from Matilda. My doctor who delivers at Matilda made booking when I was 7 weeks pregnant. I was deffered on 30th of May and put on waiting list. Now at 15w I have been declined. What shell I do now? Should I register in public hospital? How do I find out which public hospital I can go to? If I register in public but then (for some reason) I get confirmed at Matilda can I not deliver in public? Any help will be greatly approciated!

banane76 is offline Registered User

It's still early. What does your doctor say? You still might get your spot. These days, private hospitals are taking more mainlanders because they pay more. It's terrible, but unfortunately a part of birthing in HK now. If you want, you could always register at a public hospital. If you live in HK island there are only 2. Queen Mary and Pamela Youde. Depending where you live, then that determines which hospital you can deliver at. I delivered both of my babies at Queen Mary and the midwives were great. You just don't get to choose your doctor...it's whoever is on duty. You do get assigned a midwife though once you're ready to deliver. You will need to do some checks at one of their antenatal clinics though so they have a record of your pregnancy. Those are free if you have Hong Kong id.

Thank you for the reply. The doc keep saying not to worry and that I should get spot but I don't want to end up 36weeks and with no hospital bed. I live in Happy Valley and m trying to find out which hospital I would belong to.

Cherina is offline Registered User

I was in the same situation. Got declined but my doc told me not to worry. I finally got confirmation at 37 weeks. Don't worry too much, if your doc says you'll get in you almost certainly will.
    I registered with the public hospital too just for peace of mind but I don't think it's really necessary.

Obiwan is offline Registered User

How about Sanatorium? That's very close to your home and a very good hospital.

Can i book in orivate hospital if my doc does not deliver there?

charade is offline Registered User

You can register public and then choose not to deliver public - no problem.

catan is offline Registered User

I was declined from Matilda at 15w and my ob told me not to worry. I got confirmation at 36w and delivered there. I did not make any backup plans, but planned to deliver at either Queen Mary's or Pamela Youde should Matilda not have worked out. I was told that I don't need to register at public hospitals very far in advance if I don't plan to use their antenatal services during pregnancy. My pregnancy was uncomplicated so I wasn't worried. If you want to book at other private hospitals that your doctor doesn't deliver at, you would have to change doctors. It is still early in pregnancy, perhaps you can discuss your concerns with your ob?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast