Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Newborn Bronchiolitis

appledai is offline Registered User

Newborn Bronchiolitis

My 21 days newborn baby has Bronchiolitis. My heart is broken. She is too young to take medicine. I just can take shower and clear nose for her. She keeps coughing. I really hope some ways can help.
    Thank you very much.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

If she gets really bad, take her to the hospital just in case. Sometimes the little ones need to be admitted just in case. As much as we don't want our little ones to be in the hospital, if they NEED it, it's better safe than sorry. Hoping she gets better soon!! xox

banane76 is offline Registered User

My baby had a bad cold and cough as well at 6 weeks and the doctor we went to lent us a nebulizer to give baby some saline vapours to moisten the air. It took awhile, but it did get better. Take care!

Though the doctor thought it is not good to hospital but I will observe. I will use nebulizer tonight. Thanks for your replies.

Dear Heavenly Father, please have mercy on my baby.

I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

erina320 is offline Registered User

My LO had RSV at 8 weeks and got really sick, we ran a warm mist humidifier at night with lavender oil (a natural airway opener), as well as kept the head of her bed propped up, VICKS Baby rub (not sure if this is available in HK) on her chest, nose suction to keep airways clear and a lot of chest clapping:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/22...-for-children/

The doctor also prescribed an inhaler when she got really congested. Keep a very close eye on her and if she looks like she's having difficulty breathing (skin pulls in through the rib cage when breathing in) I'd take her to the hospital right away.

Hi Erina. thanks for your info. did you buy that lavender oil in HK? my baby coughing seems worse. Deeply worried.

erina320 is offline Registered User

No I bought it in the US, but surely you can find essential lavender oil somewhere here.

If the coughing is getting worse I would take your baby back to the doctor though.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

i'd take her back to the doctors - or perhaps A&E at QMH though the wait will be long but they do a very thorough job there once admitted. my kid went in with jaundice and is still there for some bacterial infection only because they noted a "fever' at 37.9 and then followed up with numerous tests (poor baby- he's only 2 weeks old) anyhow, long story short - they took the time to follow up on the low fever which one would probably address elsewhere...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast