Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Baby hygiene and bath products

vinkap is offline Registered User

Baby hygiene and bath products

Hello,

We are new to HK and are expecting our first child in Jan 2012. Currently, we are doing our baby stuff window shopping on the weekends! :) I have heard a lot about using natural products for baby's cleaning and bathing. I was wondering if anyone can help us, regarding which brand/products (and from where) we should buy for - baby soap, baby oil, baby shampoo, baby wipes etc. Folks around have told me that J&J is slightly harsh for the first 3 mths.
    Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User

we just used j&j... baby doesn't need hair washed every day, so it isn't really that bad... we also used a little of the j&j bath wash...

Frenchy is offline Registered User

We didn't use anything else but water for the 3 first months. Then we used a shampoo/bath product called "Douce Nature", or eventually Weleda.

Obiwan is offline Registered User

We use QV Oil, QV Wash and QV Lotion.

Biggie is offline Registered User

For our first, we bought some fancy organic natural products from baby shop. Then it gets too inconvenient to have to get those from special shops so we just use baby products we can find easily from Watson or ParknShop. And I choose the ones that's easy to dispense (pump vs caps)
    If your baby has not special skin condition, I don't think it matter that much. my younger one has eczema and we use QV for him recommended by his doctor.

elle is offline Registered User

Per the hospital and our pediatrician's recommendations we gave baby a daily sponge-style bath and a few baby tub baths per week for the first 6 weeks or so, then a daily tub bath. Most baths were water only. For the first 6 months used a little bit of either the Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash or Aveeno baby wash & shampoo. According to our pediatrician, as long as the formula is mild and made for babies it should be fine (even at birth - at Matilda they used a small amount of the Johnsons's product in the bath), unless your baby has a skin condition that requires special care.

This link below is sponsored by Johnson's, but the advice and tutorials on bathing are very similar to what the midwife taught in prenatal parenting classes.

http://www.babycenter.com/partners/headtotoe/

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User

Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash from birth - our daughter likes bath times and she smells lovely afterwards.

vinkap is offline Registered User

Thank you all for your replies. I guess, first time parents (like us!) tend to be more concerned and watchful of each and every decision they take for thier baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast