Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Family Complete?

bloominginHK is offline Registered User

Family Complete?

Most of my friends are done with having children. All the ones I've spoken with say they know they're done and their family is complete. I'd like to know if this is just a decision they've made... for ex we'll have 3 kids, have 3, be done. Or if it's a feeling of knowing you're family is complete. Does this make any sense? I don't particularly want to be pregnant again but I also can't confidently say our family is done. I just wonder if there's really a feeling of a complete family? Do I sound crazy?

Just would love to know how you decided when you're family is complete. Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User

as you know, blooming, i have ALWAYS wanted 3 kids. but it's just not to be.... when my two were younger (about the time you were pregnant with your #3) i really felt like my family was INcomplete. however, now that they are older and independent (and i'm older, too!) i have come to terms with the now, complete-ness of our family.

if god decided to grant me another, i would be happy, of course, but i'm not sure if i would welcome it as much now as i would have 2 years ago.

aussie mum is offline Registered User

Great question. We have 3 kids and still no feeling of 'knowing' we are done.

bridiemexico is offline Registered User

I have two and would love one or two more. I remember my mum saying that after my brother (the fifth) she new she was done. I think each woman has a limit to fill her mum quota so to speak.

AmyH is offline Registered User

Before my first, I always wanted a big family. When my son was born I knew that I definitely wanted more. As soon as my daughter was born I knew that our family was now complete and I was done with having kids.

My mind has shifted significantly... when my son was smaller I used to imagine having more children when I was day dreaming! Now my thoughts are about the two I have, what they will be like when they are older, holidays I will take them on when my little one is a bit older.

erina320 is offline Registered User

I agree with AmyH.

However, I have a deep longing to one day open our hearts and our home to an adopted baby/child, but that is something I see happening when my girl's are a few years older than they are now.