Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lost

Helper agency recommendations

doe eyes is offline Registered User

Helper agency recommendations

Hi, I am looking to keep a full time live in helper for for taking care of my 10 month old and doing the household work . My current helper will be finishing in dec and so I am in a fix to keep someone quickly. Can you please recommend agencies from where I can recruit a full time helper and how long will that take ?

lost is offline Registered User

My helper is from Arrow Employment Services. I think they are great - not overly commercialized and actually takes the time to follow up to see if things are going well. The visa process takes 6 weeks or so so you should contact agencies soon to have someone come in time for Dec, unless you are looking for someone who is already here.

thanka2 likes this.

doe eyes is offline Registered User

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I am definitely looking at Arrow ... If there are any other agencies that are good pls advice ... Just want to have a look at all options before I decide.

Thanks in advance !

thanka2 is offline Registered User

I second Arrow. You can read my full, updated (over the course of about a year) review of them here.

I spent a lot of time looking at agencies in HK and never came across any agency that can match Arrow.

Our helper is still with us and will finish her first contract next April. She has been amazing and is talking about coming back to work for us for a second contract. I have absolutely no complaints about her attitude, work ethic, ability or trustworthiness. She has really grown to be a part of our family and we appreciate her so much.

Arrow dealt with us in such a great manner. They are not perfect and you can read the review about that but man, at least they have the right heart and attitude with how they deal with both employer and employee--rather than simply looking at the domestic helpers as "product" to "sell" to the "customer."

Here's their website. Hope you hire a great helper. It can make a huge difference.

“Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK