Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Father HKID mother no HKID

Filips is offline Registered User

Hi Mwong, could you tell me more about how it was done? I also have a HKID and my wife doesn't. We will apply for the visa now but we might not make it before the delivery. Which hospital was that? Was it paid as private part of the public hospital and then refunded? I would really apreciate more information. Thanks

I see the thread came up and it was very old. I don't want to start a new one as the topic is right. My wife is 33 week pregnant. I had some problems with employment and as I got a new job now we will appply for her dependant visa tomorrow. Could anyone tell me what options do we have? I know that private clinic would be 100k up and we would prefer to find cheaper option. We found out there is a private clinic at Queens Mary and even with 3000 per day and 30k deposit it sounds much cheaper than private clinic. IS it possible to sign for it without HKID? And is there really an option to get a refund after receiving a HKID? Thank you!

Pandy is offline Registered User

To my understanding, your wife cannot use the public health service unless she has been issued a HKID card. The cost of a private delivery in a public hospital cannot be refunded unless your wife is issued a HKID card before the delivery.

Giving birth in a public hospital can be just as expensive as in a private hospital unless you have the HKID. According to the hospital authority website the minimum charge for non HKID holder is $39,000, but you must have registered prior to birth. If you just show up on the day of the delivery you will be charged $90,000. See: https://www.ha.org.hk/haho/ho/cs/v3/...feenchg-en.htm

If I was you in your shoes, i would find a private hospital ASAP. Have you called around the hospitals or looked at their websites? From this list of hospitals, the cheapest private package is at Precious Blood Caritas around $14,500 - Private Hospital Maternity Packages in Hong Kong 2015 - Hong Kong GeoBaby

TraceyHat is offline Registered User

The cost of a private delivery in a public hospital will need to be paid by yourself even if you have HKID... HKID will only give you access to public services...

But is there still the private part in Queens Mary? It would be more convenient for us than any other even if we have to pay but when we call they say that u need a hkid to deliver there. thanks for replies!

rani is offline Administrator

Just for those who will be in same situation, we called Queens Mar and it seems it's like Pandy said. If you don't have a HKID you can register in public hospital by paying deposit. If you come with documents from doctor it will be 39.000 HKD, 90.000 HKD if you come in as emergency without it. If the HKID will be issued before the delivery you can get a refund. Thank you all.

Pandy is offline Registered User

What have you decided to do then?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12