Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

any places to bring a 5 mth old baby...

iko0508 is offline Registered User

any places to bring a 5 mth old baby...

Hi,
    my hubby is on leave next week and we are planning to bring our bb to somewhere away from the city area (e.g. park or beach).. anywhere that is bb friendly and easily accessible? I'm staying at hung hom area.. Thanks!

Papaya is offline Registered User

You could go to a Country Park. Kham Shan country park is not too far, or go to Sai Kung. Easier still go up to the Peak. There are lots of places really, many are stroller friendly but you can also take a sling.

cw1483 is offline Registered User

Hi iko0508,

I recommend Ma Wan Island ...which I just went to last weekend. You can either take ferry from Central Pier(25min) or from Tsuen Wan Pier(15min). From the pier, I never had to fold the stroller up. I felt is was very baby friendly as my toddler prefers to sit in a stroller/pram and not having stairs were great. Also the island has a beach and Noah's Ark with the ramp to wheel the carriage up to the sand. Further past the beach is Ma Wan park with an overlook to see the water. It's a good 15 walk from the ferry but well worth a 1/2 day (or longer).

Am new to Hung Hom area and HK but found the trip very handicap-accessible.

arantzazu is offline Registered User

Hi everyone!!
    I have a 4 months old baby and I live in Hung Hom also, does any of you knows any good places (play areas, parks ...) here to go with the baby?
    Also anyone knows the restrictions on luggage or liquids for the baby on the plane?? Im worried about the amount of milk powder I can carry, and the conpany does not specify how much you can bring.
    Thanks

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User

When we flew recently, baby milk was exempted from the liquids requirement, provided it was "reasonable" quantity. We put it in the transparent bags with other liquids and had it scanned - no fuss and no comments from the screening staff.

charade is offline Registered User

When we flew in april, we carried quite a large thermos of hot water, formula in travel containers and I think one feeding bottle of mixed formula. No problems with security.

arantzazu is offline Registered User

Hi there!
    Thank you both for your answers, they are vey helpful.
    Im flying on wednesday, so hopefully no problems with the formula.
    Thanks again

elle is offline Registered User

Just a quick note about flying with liquid, including water for formula on a US bound flight - they will NOT let you take on your own bottled water in a thermos or otherwise. They will allow dry milk/ formula powder and pre-mixed liquid formula, but not bottles of water to mix with the milk powder. They will, however, provide you with bottled water on the flight (but it generally will not be warmed).

If you are going anywhere other than the US, they are much more willing to let you bring on your own bottled water (although I have encountered occasions - a flight to Japan and a flight to Malaysia) where they had additional gate screening and did not permit passengers to bring their own water. In both cases they supplied us with bottled water to mix with formula on the flight, no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast