Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leander high chair

sweet_tomato is offline Registered User

Leander high chair

Hi, where can I get a good deal on a Leander high chair?

Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

elle is offline Registered User

Some of the baby shops and baby furnature stores will give a 7-10% discount if you already have a membership at their shop. Otherwise the price for Leander products is fixed by Leander and pretty much the same everywhere in HK.

Know you're not asking, but we purchased a Leander chair for our child. We also inherited an IKEA white plastic high chair from a neighbor (costs under HK$400 new). Our kid much prefers the IKEA chair, which can also be brought up to our dining table) and we ended up donating the Leander after a couple months. it looked beautiful, and I wish the kid had taken to it, but out of all the expensive baby items we purchased it was the least-used.

erina320 is offline Registered User

If you're intersted I have a red IKEA high chair I'd be willing to sell you super cheap.

Thanks for sharing your experience, elle. Do you know why the child prefers the IKEA chair over the Leander? I like the idea the Leander chair can be adjusted as the child grows. And it looks beautiful ;-)

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_tomato View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience, elle. Do you know why the child prefers the IKEA chair over the Leander? I like the idea the Leander chair can be adjusted as the child grows. And it looks beautiful ;-)
    I wish I did know with certainty why the kid prefers the less attractive cheap plastic chair, but she does, perhaps because, particularly as a smaller child (but able to sit upright fine) she found the IKEA chair to be more stable/ supportive and then she was just used to it. I also liked the idea of the Leander chair adjusting as the baby grew and how lovely it looked sitting next to the dining table, matched my decor, the idea of having her eat at the table with us, etc. I have friends who purchased the Stokke chairs (which are similar to the Leander) and basically as soon as their children were old enough to use the 'adult' dining chairs at meals (with booster seats or even books propping them up) they wanted nothing to do with their lovely Stokkes, although they still fit into them quite fine and if anything the Stokke chairs were still better suited to an older toddler than regular chairs. Oh well, I guess.

Flack is offline Registered User

We have the Stokke and as above our daughter (2) prefers to sit on the normal dining chairs. She will sit in the Stokke if she is eating by herself, but if we are eating a meal together, it is not worth the argument to get her to sit in it and she sits on a normal chair the same as us.

For some reason she also LOVES the plastic IKEA chairs and if we go out where there is one she will happily sit in it.

Although I am happy with the Stokke and we have got great use out of it until now, I don't think she will use it for much longer.

Oh man! Maybe I should get an Ikea chair. My little one is 15 months and self feeding so a good high chair that she enjoys sitting in is important. I'm so confused now...

Thanks everyone for your feedback!
    Posted via Mobile Device

erina320 is offline Registered User

As a mom who prefers function over form I love the IKEA chair. It is simple and super easy to clean!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast