Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! My neighbour is a smoker

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

Help! My neighbour is a smoker

Wondering if anybody has any ideas of what to do about my smoking neighbour. There is a big gap under his door and the cigarette smoke gets out and into our apartment. Not sure what they do for a living as they seem to be home all day.... Smoking. I have talked to him several times and asked him to somehow cover the gap in the hopes that the smoke stays in his apartment. I also talked to the development's office but they said he can do what he wants in his property (he's the tenant though).

Don't know what else to do. I'm tired of smelling cigarette smoke all day long and more importantly, I'm concerned for the effect it might have on my baby.

Any suggestions?

Liquorice is offline Registered User

I haven't bought one yet, but am planning to and from what I have read some of the ionizer / air purifiers are supposed to clear the air of cigarette smoke as well as other things. Not sure how well, but you might want to try that if all else fails.

carang is offline Registered User

why not put something under your door instead? you can't get mad at him for smoking in his own flat. now, if he were doing it in the public hallway, that would be a totally different story.

There is no gap under our door... It still finds its way in somehow. And the hallway is way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquorice View Post
    I haven't bought one yet, but am planning to and from what I have read some of the ionizer / air purifiers are supposed to clear the air of cigarette smoke as well as other things. Not sure how well, but you might want to try that if all else fails.
    Thanks Liquorice. We already have two purifiers that run 24/7

maybe buy him one of those things to attach to the bottom of the door. wrap it up as a xmas present and then deliver it anonymously?

Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    maybe buy him one of those things to attach to the bottom of the door. wrap it up as a xmas present and then deliver it anonymously?
    That's a good idea (he would totally know it's me). Would you happen to know where I can get one of those?

try japan homestore, price rite or any hardware store....

good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top