Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Scenic Villas in Pok Fu Lam

CMD
    CMD is offline Registered User

Scenic Villas in Pok Fu Lam

Hi everyone!
    We arrived just about 2 weeks ago and we are looking for a place to live. Can anyone shed any light on living in Scenic Villas in Pok Fu Lam? We have a 6month old daughter.
    Thanks

MommieMid is offline Registered User

I live in Aberdeen. Looking at location alone, and from the perspective of an expat with experience of being new to Hong Kong, you couldn't go too far wrong staying there, at Scenic Villas, for your first year.
    What is it that you are looking for specifically and where in Hong Kong will the worker in your family be based?
    I will try to help give my advice, if you are interested!

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I had several friends there, nice spacious, older apartments, most with good views. Many kids, fairly good facilities, Wellcome downstairs, road to Central can be busy, but it gets busy everywhere at certain times. If you're looking to live in that area, I think it's a nice, not too large, complex.

CMD

Thanks guys. That's kind of the feeling we had about those apartments. Like you can't go wrong living there but may not want to be there in 2 years. Do you have any recommendations? We are looking for a spacious 4 bedroom with space outside for a BBQ. We are focusing our search in Happy Valley (well walking distance to the race course, but most places are too tight) and Pok Fu Lam. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Baguio Villa would be your next choice...the layout is very good but not sure about the BBQ...only a few have terraces that you could do that but those are not readily available I don't think. Worth looking at though there 4bedrooms are vey spacious....the children's play area is nice, tennis court and pool and only 10mins walk down to cyberport where there is a nice park for kids.

rani is offline Administrator

Most of the 4 bedroom flats in Baguio have a balcony, and you can put yr BBQ there.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

CMD

Thanks guys. What's the construction situation at Baguio Villas? I hear that it is non-stop banging at the moment (but I guess that this could be a problem anywhere in HK).

miran is offline Registered User

CMD if you are not in the blocks which are being renovated, it's not that bad at all. or as you said - as bad as anywhere in HK.