Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know of any good yoga classes for pregnant women?

Jas Han is offline Registered User

Does anyone know of any good yoga classes for pregnant women?

I am currently 17weeks pregnant and to my surprise, gained a considerable amount of weight. Does anyone know of any affordable places that teach yoga for pregnant women?

I would also appreciate any diet or exercise tips as it is my first time being pregnant. I have heard that many moms lose the weight from breast feeding, however I see more moms out there just gaining the pounds.

Any advice would be much appreciated

elle is offline Registered User

The Yoga Room in Sheung Wan has good, affordable prenatal classes.

http://www.yogaroomhk.com/newsite/index.php

mrs
    mrs is offline Registered User

Tamika Savory is a good pre-natal yoga & pre-natal Pilates instructor at the yoga room in sheung wan.

thanka2 is offline Registered User

I took prenatal pilates at in-motion and absolutely loved it and have gone back for pilates again now that I've had my daughter. I think Krista Ho is teaching the class now and she's just a great instructor and lovely lady.

As far as dieting while you're pregnant--probably not a good idea at all. You just kind of have to accept that if you're eating healthy, balanced meals and following your doctor's recommendations, weight control while pregnant is out of your hands. It can be unhealthy and even dangerous for your child's health and development to start dieting while pregnant. The only time I've ever heard of women being put on a diet while pregnant is if they were obese before becoming pregnant and even then doctors really hesitate to do any kind of calorie restriction because it really can have negative effects on the baby. Anyway, be sure to do your own research. I also gained a lot of weight while pregnant with both of my pregnancies but I just had to face the fact I would have to lose it afterward--and that was what was healthiest.

But, do check out in-motion. That place is so friendly and the instructors really know what they're doing--really personable and knowledgeable. Also, the classes are really small. The prenatal classes usually don't have more than 4-5 people in them.

“Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

elle is offline Registered User

For "diet" tips - just eat a balanced diet and don't overeat. The average pregnant lady only needs about 300 extra calories per day during pregnancy, which isn't much (about a slice of toast, a banana and a boiled egg).

Here is a link with advice on pregnancy nutrition and some easy to follow tips.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/nutriti...pregnancy.html

Other sites like Web MD, the Mayo Clinic and the NHS (in the UK) have similar dietary advice for pregnant women.

Francina is offline Registered User

Hi

we are starting one in Stanley in Pacific View. let me know if you are interested.

whiskey is offline Registered User

Hi Francina - I live in Chung Hom Kok and would be interested in joining Monday classes at Pacific View if possible?

virginiegi is offline Registered User

hello!
    I try to open a yoga class for pregnant women in Pacific view (the one which already exists is not specifically for pregnant women, I think). I have found a qualified teacher and we need to be at least 5.
    I would like to start as soon as possible so please write to me if you are interested! It would be on Mondays from 10 to 11, but it is not fixed yet. The price would only be around 140hkd/hour.
    I hope you will join us! :)
    here is my address: [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast