Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Stressing over no beds during Dragon Year

Flack is offline Registered User

I had no trouble getting confirmation for Matilda for Sept. My OB applied with all the requirements right on 9 weeks and I received the confirmation about a week and a half later via email. My OB had told me that I shouldn't have any problems getting confirmation and she was right. This is my second baby and both times I have been confirmed straight away. My understanding is that when you apply your application must include an ultrasound that has verified a heartbeat and a blood test result so these need to be completed before 9 weeks, but your OB should be on top of it all.

lovelymum is offline Registered User

Hospital Booking

I'm pregnant 8 weeks now and new to these thread. Will go to Matilda Hospital to make some quires soon. My hubby suggest that if we need to make booking earlier, we should do so by now although my pregnancy is still early.

Last edited by lovelymum; 03-22-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Yes your husband is right...especially at Matilda. It will be easier for your OBGYN to book for you, if he or she is a resident doctor at the hospital of your choice, your chances will be better. Congrats!

lost is offline Registered User

Just a quick update - I've managed to book Sanatorium *phew*!

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Great! Had m best experience there out of the three hospitals I delivered in! Good luck with everything! Congrats!

claresaunders is offline Registered User

just wondering if anyone who is due around Nov might be interested in joining the due date club for lunch?

aap
    aap is offline Registered User

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and still no hospital bed. My nurses (at the Woman's Clinic) said they started faxing to the hospitals at 4 weeks (which I'm now skeptical of) and now said they sent them 'again' at 6 weeks. They keep telling me everywhere is full and they will just keep faxing until they get a cancellation (aka miscarriage) that opens up a spot.

Its really stressing me out. I wish I were anywhere but Hong Kong!

missprincepessa is offline Registered User

Aap..i felt your pain. I registered at 4.5 weeks and still got rejected! I finally got a spot at Adventist. What hospitals are you trying? There is absolutely no reason that you cannot email/contact the hospitals directly to check on your application.

I feel so sorry for people in this situation. Other apparently better informed previous posters have been scathing of my comments regarding the problems with this shortage but i hear stories like yours all the time, and of course had my own experience.

Good luck, i am sure you WILL find somewhere, it's just awful having the uncertainty, especially at a time like this!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123