Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Circumcision - Would you/Did you circumcise your baby boy at birth?

Lali07 is offline Registered User

Yes, very well aware of the difference. I still remain extremely uncomfortable with surgically altering the genitalia of either gender. In the absence of medical reason (not a minuscule 'just-in-case') I can't see the justification of submitting a tiny baby boy to the procedure. In countries where routine circumcision is not the norm, there is no statistical rise in penile problems. I don't know of any respected pediatric society who recommends it routinely..

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

re: "boys Circumcisions - done for various medical reasons, doesn't affect the ability to achieve sexual stimulation."

It actually does affect sexual stimulation. How could it not? You are removing a natural and functional part of a sexual organ:
    http://www.drmomma.org/2009/11/case-...cumcision.html

burrcl is offline Registered User

No, didn't even enter our heads. My husband is horrified at the thought of it.

I have no research to back this up, but it does seem to be a more 'American' thing to do though (we're Brits). When 2 of our American couple friends came to visit us in hospital, both asked if he'd been done. And it hadn't even entered our heads until they asked us. I did read an article in PlayTimes magazine a while ago talking about circumcision though, and I think it stated that still the majority of Americans get their sons 'done', and the main argument people were putting forward was that they didn't want their sons to be different in the locker room. Best all smoke and take drugs if that's what everyone else is doing too I guess...

bryant.english is offline Registered User

I did not have our two sons circumcised any more than I would have them mutilated in any other way. It's clearly mutilation and just awful imo.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by tali_b View Post
    boys Circumcisions - done for various medical reasons, doesn't affect the ability to achieve sexual stimulation.
    girl Circumcisions - done by some Muslims, in order to prevent girls from having sexual stimulation that might cause them to act in a way who will jeopardies thier marriage possibilities. it's mutilation.
    Both are mutilations and both are done for cultural reasons.
    For boys:
    - there is absolutely no reason to do it medically unless there is some type of abnormality.
    - the minute benefits that it does provide can be achieved without this permanent procedure
    - its painful and permanently alters sexual stimulation
    - Jews and Muslims do it for religious reasons
    - Americans do it because DrSpock said so 60 years go...40 years after, he changed his mind:
    http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcisi...nfo/spock.html

For girls : no comment other than to say its a barbaric practice.

marie313 is offline Registered User

i used to teach a little boy in england who was circumcised and they cut too much off. the doctors had to take skin from his testicles to make him a new one. the poor little things penis was a mess. i would never do this to my child.

Lali07 is offline Registered User

6-Part Series on Circumcision

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...likely-believe

There are six parts in this series:

Part 1: Surgery Myths

Part 2: STD/Hygiene myths

Part 3: Social and sexual myths

Part 4: The ethics and economics of circumcision

Part 5: Greatest danger for uncircumcised boys

Part 6: Harming boys through ignorance of male anatomy

newbiekt is offline Registered User

I totally understand and agree with all the reasons for not circumcising boys. Unfortunately we had to get our two year old circumcised last year for medical reasons. I was very upset about it and sought multiple doctors opinions and did numerous round of antibiotics and creams before going that route. But for my son it was the right choice as he is no longer in pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123