Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

information about nanny agencys needed

tali_b is offline Registered User

information about nanny agencys needed

we are moving to hong kong with our 18 month old baby boy. we'll be living in the mid-level central area, and outside of reading genral information about hong kong, we are utterly clueless. we'll appreciate every infomation you can give us
    nanny agencys (preferable agency who provides english speaking western nannys).

howardcoombs is offline Registered User

Are you sure you want a nanny (extremely expensive) as opposed to a full time helper (very affordable)?
    There are a number of nanny agencies in town, here is one : http://www.geobaby.com/directory/ser...-nanny-experts
    If you want one from UK, these guys will help as well : http://www.eden-nannies.co.uk/

hknanny is offline Registered User

You can contact Shirley Robinson at Rent a Mum, 25234868, [email protected], the oldest nanny agency in Hong Kong. She will listen to your needs and find someone suitable.
    Lots of people will argue that helper is a cheaper option but you can not compare the two as nannies are qualified childcare providers who have the same background and culture than the employers.
    If you want someone to pick up after your child, hire a helper. If you want someone who will teach your child to pickup after himself, hire a nanny...

miran is offline Registered User

erm... not comparing nannies with helpers. but to be fair my helper has taught our son manners not to mention peoms, words and what not. she is a fantastic care taker for our son and our son is expected to respect her. a number of my freinds have good helpers.

nanny v/s helpers is a personal choice, but i wouldnt be disounting all helpers offhand. neither are all nannies worth the exbortitant price tag they come with.

carang is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by hknanny View Post
    If you want someone to pick up after your child, hire a helper. If you want someone who will teach your child to pickup after himself, hire a nanny...
    if this is the case, then only the employers are to blame. i insist that my kids pick up after themselves. they have been able to change their own sheets since they were 4 years old, they also know how to use the washing machine and drier. they had a full time helper from just prior to my first's birth until a year ago. 6 months with just mummy and daddy and now, another full time helper.

it is up to the employer to explain to their helper what they want/expect of the helper. it is also up to the employer to back up the helper whenever needed (as in discipline).

and to imply that my kids will be helpless and manner-less because their parents (us) can only afford a helper and not a $30,000/month nanny is plain ridiculous.

that said, if money were not a problem and i could afford a "western" style nanny, i might consider it.... maybe...