Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Need party planners for baby's 1st birthday party. Any recommendations?

rumnyc is offline Registered User

Need party planners for baby's 1st birthday party. Any recommendations?

Hi, my son's first birthday is coming up and I'm looking for a good party planning company that can take care of the arrangements, decorations, entertainment, party favors etc. Does anyone have any recommendations, esp ones that are expat or English friendly? Thanks a lot!

howardcoombs is offline Registered User

Whats your budget for the occasion?
    and also whats your budget for the planning company?

carang is offline Registered User

you do know that the party is really for the parents and not for the kid, right?

burrcl likes this.

rumnyc is offline Registered User

Carang - does it really matter who the party is for? For me, it's an occasion to celebrate and be grateful for everything I've learned and enjoyed in the past year, is all. :-)

howardcoombs - I'm sending you a PM. Thanks.

Sage is offline Registered User

rumnyc, what about SweetSoirees?

http://sweetsoireeshk.com/

carang is offline Registered User

well, as far as i'm concerned it DOES matter who the party is for... are you having a bunch of your friends? or does your baby go to a playgroup, from which you will want to invite people with their kids? will you want to have it at a small, intimate restaurant or do you want to rent a grand ballroom in a hotel?

do you want catering for adults? or kids' food? do you want a children's entertainer? or would you prefer more sophisticated entertainment?

for my son's first birthday, we had a picnic in the park. no need for a party planner.... ordered take away food, baked my own cake (it's a tradition now that the kids are 5 & 7), bought a pinata for the older kids etc.

i buy all of the party treats in sham shui po (everyone that comes raves about my finds)....

i just did my two kids' party again (they are only 6 days apart)... KFC, homemade cake, rented a bouncy castle. kids had a ball... cost for the total parting, including 2 birthday kids? less than $3000... now, i know others who would spend that much on a venue rental alone... so, it really comes down to what is important to you....

without giving more details of what you are looking for, how do you expect people to offer ideas? you didn't even offer a budget idea....

Last edited by carang; 02-22-2012 at 07:26 PM.

satay sue is offline Registered User

Agree, why have you PM'd your budget? For my son's 1st birthday I had other babies from the mother/baby group I attended and their mothers. About 10 people, I baked a cake, he barely kept his eyes open until he blew the candle out! But I know others who invited dozens of people and had a huge do. Everyone's different so once we know what you have in mind you will get helpful replies!

peainpod is offline Registered User

Carang, what party treats did you get in Shamshuipo? I'm putting together the goodie bags for my son's 4th birthday next month and would like to add 1-2 more items to complete it.

(I remember getting some great arts&craft things back in my card-making days pre-child, but haven't been back since. Can't even remember the street name anymore...)

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast