Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lantau Palm Beach with toddler

Yum_mommy is offline Registered User

I was calling it how we saw it. Why the heck would I bother making that up! I am just being helpful so don't call me not credible.
    The location and concept not bad just that the site operators had absolutely no care for the safety of their campers. Just saying go at your own risk. We were not expecting 4-5 star service but at least decent enough to pitch the tents well so it withstood the rain.
    I also see no point why we had to make decisions on BBQ equipment so much time in advance and pay up and a bonfire cost HKD 250 per hour! They are charging 4-5 star prices for sure there!
    It's just a complete disconnect where a nature place can be so much about the money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Yum_mommy is offline Registered User

Look our tent flooded becos it wasn't set up properly. Other families left in the middle of the night. FACT! So if you are happy with that. That's fine. Not saying you can't have a good time there but unless you have been there in extreme weather conditions you're not qualified to make a judgement on the validity of my post.
    Posted via Mobile Device

howardcoombs is offline Registered User

Shakespeare summed it up best : The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    The only fact that I can see Yum_mommy is that you signed up a brand new account and your first and only posts are extremely negative ones about a local business. To me that is suspicious.
    Add to that the fact that I have given my business to them and came away satisfied makes me even more suspicious.

No matter, I'm just pointing out the *facts* so that others can make up their own minds.

sweet_tomato is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone for your input. Despite the bad weather forecast we decided to give Palm Beach a go. We had such a BLAST! ;-) The weather was overcast and rained overnight. We went with our 20 month old girl and stayed in the medium teepee with the optional double air mattress. The site was convenient, the service and facilities were great. In general, children friendly and clean. The toilets were fine and this is during the 2 days the cleaner is off sick. I preferred to just rinse off at the outdoor shower. It's camping after all. The prices of the drinks are reasonably priced. They even set up the bonfire for everyone, for free ;-) All I can say is, can't wait til our next visit.

peachylin is offline Registered User

Howard, are the beaches at Warwick and Gold Coast Hotels open to the public or should we be checked in guests? Planning to go tomorrow but not sure whether we need to stay for the night. (hope you get this before we leave)

TIA

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

howardcoombs is offline Registered User

Neither hotel has a private beach, but both are near public beaches; you do not need to stay for the night.

Enjoy your day. Looks like its going to be a nice one...

peachylin is offline Registered User

Just got back from Golden Beach. It was good and it was not too crowded. Had lunch at the nearby hotel then came back to the beach for more sunshine. Nice weather indeed.

Thanks Howard. Will try Pui O next time :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12