Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Antenatal Classes

lcg97 is offline Registered User

Antenatal Classes

Hi

I'm giving birth at the United Christian Hospital in December.

I'd like to attend Antenatal classes in English in order for us to meet other mums (and dads!) to-be.

A lot of the posts on here seem to be quite old with regard to this subject, so just wanted to get some more recent opinions. So am just wondering, if giving birth in the Public system, what's the best option for Antenatal classes? I've heard of people going to the Matilda even if not giving birth there, and also Annerley seems to be highly recommended. Any other classes? I like in Sai Kung, is anything held out this way? (Though happy to attend classes on the Island, as work there)

Any suggestions? And when should we be doing these classes?

Thanks a lot ladies!

LOJITT is offline Registered User

I went to Annerley and the classes were very useful. They are pro-natural birth (I wanted a VB but not bothered about druf-free) but I found that info on epidurals etc were presented in a balanced way.

The Matilda ones are also fine, but they are geared to people giving birth there, where you can just get an epidural on demand, and you'll have 1-1 care and an Obs led delivery.

I think I went when I was around 30 weeks and it was a 4 week course. One thing I would say is that I didn't really make any mum friends out of it. The other people were really nice but we all lived quite a distance from each other so the post-natal meet ups never really took off

zzsp23 is offline Registered User

I also live in Sai Kung and due in December, so would love to hear about any antenatal classes around this area or Kowloon side!

Mumma2 be is offline Registered User

Hi,

I am due in sep and delivering in Canossa. I was registered in Canossa for antenatal classes in ENG but due insufficient number its been cancelled.

Can someone suggest any other classes, I am not looking at very expensive and lengthy one's.
    Thanks.

evgreen is offline Registered User

I don't suggest the Matilda one unless you are delivering there or live on the Peak. The location is VERY inconvenient!

Gemma is offline Registered User

When I attended the Matilda antenatal classes in 2010, they were conducted at their medical centre in central.

slin is offline Registered User

I went to Yvonne's antenatal class and i enjoyed it! It was a fast-tracked program tailored for working moms so the schedule was perfect for me and my hubby. More importantly, the charges were very reasonable too. http://www.thefamilyzone.hk/about/?page_name=about

Mumma2 be is offline Registered User

Hi Slin,

Did you do the weekend course for fast track classes , I cannot see any weekend dates on there website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast